In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
contigo

The Joy of Window Tint

That time of the year again to get my truck inspected. Charlotte, NC area. DM if you can help.

Thanks in advance!

I don't quite understand the question here... you are looking to fake an inspection or to have tint remove then reapplied?

Guessing get an inspection with a little "help"

• Like 1

Guessing get an inspection with a little "help"

6d281270d170144a27a02b15200b52c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Drive to a rural area and get it inspected or ask a friend if they know a mechanic

Drive to a rural area and get it inspected or ask a friend if they know a mechanic

Wouldn't it be better to go to the ghetto?

Wouldn't it be better to go to the ghetto?

It might be but where I live I wouldn't want to go to the ghetto of philly in a diesel Denali because id be robbed or shot or most likely both

Edited by KMG11521
  • Like 2

A local Toyota dealership near me (NY) had a master tech pass a passenger car with tint on all windows. Slapped a sticker on the car, customer got pulled over leaving the parking lot. The dealer didn't lose their inspection station permit, but they were fined $10,000 and the tech lost his inspectors license.

Take the tint off and get over it. NY just had tint laws for state inspection added in January. Trucks and SUVs can have all windows tinted except the driver front, passenger front, and the windshield. I would imagine where you are is similar. Having someone pass your car is putting a hard working person who may be providing for their family's job on the line because you "have to have" your window tint.

Edited by 15HDriver
  • Like 5

I guess as long as it looks cool safety doesn't matter?

Seriously?

I personally hate driving vehicles without tint, so I'm a little more sympathetic to your cause than some of the judges in here. :-) These days I only go just barely darker than legal, but back in the day I would go full limo on everything. Go to your local car audio shop and ask around where the customizers go to get inspected. They'll know where they 'overlook' tint.

^

Until you get T-boned by a vehicle you never saw. Then you'll get your last ride in a Limo of sorts. lol.

Don't know if it's possible on 14+ trucks but roll down both front windows and pull the window fuse. Had to resort to that when I had my 90 C4 and a 92 GMC PU both with limo tint.

• Like 2

Don't know if it's possible on 14+ trucks but roll down both front windows and pull the window fuse. Had to resort to that when I had my 90 C4 and a 92 GMC PU both with limo tint.

That cant possibly work. Surely nobody would buy that the windows on your 4 or less year old truck are stuck down.

That cant possibly work. Surely nobody would buy that the windows on your 4 or less year old truck are stuck down.

I don't know about that...he could tell them that the BCM has some kind of bad ground issue causing it.