The Joy of Window Tint

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if it's possible on 14+ trucks but roll down both front windows and pull the window fuse. Had to resort to that when I had my 90 C4 and a 92 GMC PU both with limo tint.

Genius idea, then you've given a LEO probable cause to run your plates & stop the vehicle, especially in hot or cold weather when the windows typically should be rolled up. Finding no broken glass as evidence of theft you can be cited for inoperative safety equipment.

Genius idea, then you've given a LEO probable cause to run your plates & stop the vehicle, especially in hot or cold weather when the windows typically should be rolled up. Finding no broken glass as evidence of theft you can be cited for inoperative safety equipment.

This was only so he could take it in for the vehicle safety inspection. Who knows if OP was able to get his truck passed??

Side windows are considered safety equipment?

If a jeep can roll around without doors I think somebody's windows not working and being rolled down when they "should" be rolled up is likely not a violation of anything.

Side windows are considered safety equipment?

And that is why they call it safety glass, heat tempered to explode upon heavy impact into little rounded shards just like storm doors and shower doors but remain intact on medium impacts...ever try to break one with a hammer blow?....better stand back or the hammer may just bounce back and notch your noggin.... tempered glass is stamped to indicate it is safety glass. Windows are not designed just for closure for climate control....designed to protect passengers against projectiles and road hazards, otherwise it would come equipped with ordinary window glass..

If a jeep can roll around without doors I think somebody's windows not working and being rolled down when they "should" be rolled up is likely not a violation of anything.

.02 more Been through many legitimate State vehicle safety inspections enough to know that a vehicle must be equipped with all stock safety equipment under conditions for which the vehicle was originally designed. A 4 door Jeep Cherokee must be driven with all 4 doors attached and operational windows with safety glass, not just for protection against road projectiles, but for safe operational control of the vehicle in heavy rainstorms, dust storms or blizzards. Same logic as I'll pass inspection with burned out headlights because I never drive at night. Likewise a specialty type vehicle designed for operation under limited conditions without one or more user removable panels can be operated under conditions amenable to their operation..........a Jeep CJ7 without doors or roof, a Vette without the "T" roof panels, or a certain Tbirds and foreign sports cars without their removable hardtops all in sunny or cloudy weather, but if you try to operate them in a heavy rainstorm or snowstorm without them you can be stopped not just for stupidity but for unsafe operation of a motor vehicle.

Oh my God, these people really exist and think these things...

What would we ever do without the police here to make sure my side windows are intact, the convertible top is up in the cold...

Probable cause because the window is rolled down in the cold? :rolleyes:

PULEEZE! I ripped a big fart and it STANK! Probable cause... This stuff is just hilarious.

And the only reason for 'safety' glass on the sides is so that it doesn't break into large pieces that might cut you.

And the only reason for 'safety' glass on the sides is so that it doesn't break into large pieces that might cut you.

I had an aunt who got in an accident while transporting mason jars (had jelly in them I was told). She spent hours in the emergency room having shards of glass plucked out of her head. Unfortunately, the glass jars rode in the back seat. Lesson learned for her.

Archived