Bose subwoofer replacement option

Anyone know if he is still building these boxes foe sale? I would love to buy one asap..but havent heard back..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As far as I know he is. He shipped mine yesterday. Takes a couple days to get a response as I'm sure he is swamped with orders and also has a day job. Just give him time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I also would like to buy one of these boxes but the OP is busy and not building them anymore. If anyone still has one they haven't installed yet could you grab the measurements off it?

It would definitely save a lot of time to be able to build it without having to remove and measure the console. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tyler.frost92 said:

How did everyone wire them up? Where are you hooking up the RCA wires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can tap into the speaker outputs via the green plug at the headunit to feed a Line Output Converter to get RCA outputs to the new sub amp. If your sub amp has hi level inputs just tap into the speaker outputs. Some folks worry about amplifying the door chimes which come from the front speaker output, so they tap into the rears. If you use the high level inputs on your sub amp then you avoid having to tap into a remote turn on power source.

Your sub amp + power source should come directly from the battery. I grounded the amp to the chassis via a front console mounting bolt.

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.34.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.32.33 AM.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clayp said:

You can tap into the speaker outputs via the green plug at the headunit to feed a Line Output Converter to get RCA outputs to the new sub amp. If your sub amp has hi level inputs just tap into the speaker outputs. Some folks worry about amplifying the door chimes which come from the front speaker output, so they tap into the rears. If you use the high level inputs on your sub amp then you avoid having to tap into a remote turn on power source.

Your sub amp + power source should come directly from the battery. I grounded the amp to the chassis via a front console mounting bolt.

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.34.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.32.33 AM.png

ok makes sense. Ive installed many amps in the past but always hooked them up to aftermarket headunits

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey all: I have a 2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab with the 8" head unit. Non Bose. I picked up some replacement speakers for the doors and dash and wanted to ask about the idea of installing a console sub/hidden sub.
 If I were to buy one of the OEM Bose  hidden sub enclosures like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2015-2016-2017-CHEVROLET-SILVERADO-BOSE-SUBWOOFER-BASS-BOX-SUB-SPEAKER-/123546234446 for under the console, is the connector already there? If not, what would be a suggestion?

My initial plan is to replace the speakers and see what the sound is like. Not looking to shake my fillings loose, just want a little better sound.

Also, I noticed that even when the fade and balance is centered, there is distinctly more sound coming out of the front door and dash than the rear door speakers. how do you change that - other than adjusting the fader?

Thanks