andreej

Bose subwoofer replacement option

Anyone know if he is still building these boxes foe sale? I would love to buy one asap..but havent heard back..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As far as I know he is. He shipped mine yesterday. Takes a couple days to get a response as I'm sure he is swamped with orders and also has a day job. Just give him time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I also would like to buy one of these boxes but the OP is busy and not building them anymore. If anyone still has one they haven't installed yet could you grab the measurements off it?

It would definitely save a lot of time to be able to build it without having to remove and measure the console. Thanks.

• Like 1

I'm wanting one of these as well. If the OP is no longer making them, specs would be great. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I want to buy one of these boxes if anybody that bought one wants to sell there's I will take it. Or if the OP starts back making them I want one.

Sign me up for one too!

How did everyone wire them up? Where are you hooking up the RCA wires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, tyler.frost92 said:

How did everyone wire them up? Where are you hooking up the RCA wires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can tap into the speaker outputs via the green plug at the headunit to feed a Line Output Converter to get RCA outputs to the new sub amp. If your sub amp has hi level inputs just tap into the speaker outputs. Some folks worry about amplifying the door chimes which come from the front speaker output, so they tap into the rears. If you use the high level inputs on your sub amp then you avoid having to tap into a remote turn on power source.

Your sub amp + power source should come directly from the battery. I grounded the amp to the chassis via a front console mounting bolt.

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.34.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.32.33 AM.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clayp said:

You can tap into the speaker outputs via the green plug at the headunit to feed a Line Output Converter to get RCA outputs to the new sub amp. If your sub amp has hi level inputs just tap into the speaker outputs. Some folks worry about amplifying the door chimes which come from the front speaker output, so they tap into the rears. If you use the high level inputs on your sub amp then you avoid having to tap into a remote turn on power source.

Your sub amp + power source should come directly from the battery. I grounded the amp to the chassis via a front console mounting bolt.

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.34.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.32.33 AM.png

ok makes sense. Ive installed many amps in the past but always hooked them up to aftermarket headunits

I’m really interested in one of these boxes. I sent the OP a PM but haven’t heard back. I’m just hoping that he sees this.

• Like 1

Im also interested in measurements.  If anyone has them please share.  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 2:41 PM, TexasGMCZ71 said:

Im also interested in measurements.  If anyone has them please share.  Thanks!

bump.

Interested as well.