In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hi everyone I hope someone from this site will be more helpful than the last site I tried using. Ok here is what I got 1992 k1500 blazer with tbi 350. My question is if this motor can be changed from flat tappet to roller or am I better off to buy a new crate long block L31 vortec 350? (if I can use roller cam I'll put new 906 vortec heads on it) I'd like to run a lt4 cam or something of that range.is like to build it up and get 300rwhp. It has true duals already. I've been thinking of changing the 2 barrel tbi over to the 4 barrel efi unit with self tuning if need be. And I will not do an ls swap I owned two before and don't like them at all that's why I got rid of them for a 350 again and they drank more gas than my blazer does 10mpg and 13mpg is what I got on the ls trucks my blazer get 19mpg any help from you guy would be great And no emissions where I live

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Devin Banks
      I have a 06 GMC Sierra 1500 with a 4.3 and found some carb swap hits to do away with the spider injector but I would rather swap a 350 or build a 383 for it. The truck is a basic single cab long bed work truck edition so no special electrical components other than the radio cluster and an airbag under the seat. How hard would it be to swap it for a carbed 350? Was thinking maybe the computer and everything from a 93 or 94 Chevy since it has the 4l60 in it and could splice my trans connector into it. Thanks. 
    • By BigBlueBlazer
      Hey y’all, new to the forum and to chevys here (used to drive an 84 Jeep CJ) and bought my K5 a few days ago

off the bat it came with a few problems the guy who sold it told us about, he said that the brake light bulbs would pop while driving, but we took it home (had someone drive behind us) and confirmed that we don’t have brake lights (the bulbs are not blown) or turn signals (front or back) and when we got home I confirmed that the backup lights and hazards (all four corners) do not come on either. And this didn’t happen when we first got it, but the morning after I found the interior light on and had to take the bulb out (wouldn’t turn off) in the fear of running out the battery

however, the taillights and the dailys (I’ve heard those little yellow lights on the sides called that before but I don’t know if that’s the proper term) do come on when the headlights are turned on. 

ive checked the fuses for the brakelights and turn signals and nothing seems to be wrong with them, so I’m assuming there must be something wrong in the steering column, but I’m at a loss of how to go about fixing the problem, and I’d love to get some advice before i go about taking the thing apart or having a shop look at it.

anything is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    • By Thayes54
      I have a 5.7L TBI engine in my 94 GMC C1500. The truck is running really terrible. It’s sucking in ALOT of air through the intake without pressing the pedal also it has a really rough idle and when accelerating it sputters and kind of hesitates. It started with the O2 sensor code. I replaced it. Code went away then code 32 popped up. I replaced the EGR VALVE and the Solenoid. Still was having issues. I just replaced the TPS sensor, spark plugs, MAP sensor and still having the same issue. 

Could it be the IAC Valve messing up or something else? 
    • By Noah E
      I purchased a 1995 Chevy K1500 Silverado 5.7 V8 350 Z71 as a project a couple months back. I noticed that the lights and a couple of the gauges don't work on the cluster. The Tach and Speedometer work, the odometer and temp. gauge don't. The rest I am unsure of. When I took the instrument cluster out, I noticed that it came out of a 97' C/K 1500 Truck. I've heard that the 95's were a switchover year and the only year that had the one specific cluster. My question is will the 97 cluster work if I got the parts to fix it, or will I need to go ahead and find one for the 95? My guess would be to find one that came off another 95 since it was a TBI engine and the 97's had the Vortec engines. I just want to be sure before I spend money on a whole cluster. Help will be appreciated! Thanks!
    • By MikeT2582
      4L60-E transmission whining only when vehicle is in motion. Mostly starts past 30mph. Transmission is off the Suburban now. Whining still present when input shaft is turned.