In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2016 Denali Taillights on a 2015 Denali

Turning a negative situation into a positive one. My 2015 Sierra Denali 1500 got backed into last week denting the rear fender and breaking the right taillight. Thanks to this forum, I picked up some harnesses from zmnypit and found a set of 2016 Denali tail lights for a great deal from local Canadian sellers. Just waiting for the harnesses to come in before I swap them over this weekend. Just need to find a good set of headlights now to complete the 2016 lighting conversion! Will post pictures when it's all repaired and swapped over!

post-150318-0-04756600-1491259885_thumb.png

post-150318-0-31393800-1491259907.png

Edited by jasbains
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Jasbains, Hello

You did it?? Cuold you send pic's the wire connection?

I'll try to put my tailights the hiperflashing , Icouldn't

Thanks

Jasbains, Hello

You did it?? Cuold you send pic's the wire connection?

I'll try to put my tailights the hiperflashing , Icouldn't

Thanks

Private message Pgamboa and he can help.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/190736-2016-silverado-lt-dl8-to-dl3-mirror-conversion-finally-complete-3/

SlvrSierra,

Hi, have 4 wires ,

1.- green(stop and signals)

2.- Black(ground)

3.- Grey(ligths)

4.- Red(I dont know)

I conected the resistors in Green and Black

Thanks for asking and help

my truck is single cab 2016

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Arvid Podsim
      Reciently the Check Engine Lamp (MIL) came on at start and remainded on with no noticable engine running rough.  The error codes were read which indicated 400+ Cold Start error codes on Cylinder No.3.  Their are several GM Service Bulletins (PIP5498M, PIP5628E) on this subject V8 on engines from 2000-2022.  The bulletins indicate the "Cold Start" causes misfires due to coolant entering the at the liner to deck face casting or the casting line in the intake port of the cylinder head, in my case No. 3.  The GM Service bulletins indicate "engine replacement" is needed to fix this problem.  I have been very happy about this vehicle however, at 67K miles, this type of issue should NOT be occuring.  Apparently GM has know about this problem since 2000-2020 model years described on the attached Service Bulletins.

After Two days of MIL being ON, the lamp is now OFF.  My question is how can the problem described repair itself and could the diagonistic codes be attributed to another problem?  I was under the impression that once the diagonistic code is initiated, the only method of turning OFF the MIL is by resetting or clearing the codes.
      PIP5498M.pdf PIP5498M.pdf
    • By PiggyNOX
      Hello , new to the group thanks so sorry if I’m posting to wrong group or if question has been asked before. My issue is that I bought a ‘15 1500 WT 5.3L that had around 350k with lazy #7 cylinder. So I bought used motor with around 100k from a ‘15 gmc 1500. Swapped motors out and when I went to start up I don’t get any crank, No gauges work, service error lights all come on. I’ve checked to make sure grounds are clean and tight, checked fuses inside cab and in engine bay, battery tests good, getting codes U0100 and U0102 and I’ve also installed new:
      -Engine Harness (found some splits on harness that came with motor so bought new one)
      -Computer (also have the original and one that came with the motor and I’ve tried swapping all 3 to see if that worked)
      -Relay panel in engine compartment 
      Just seeing if anyone has any fix’s or tricks. Thanks
    • By TM Rags
      Curious if anyone has experienced the same problem that I'm having.  Its a 2016 Silverado with eAssist.  When I come to a complete stop the transmission works perfect, I have no issues what so ever..  If I roll up to a stop sign and accelerate without coming to a complete stop, I can feel the motor accelerate and the truck isn't really moving much then all of a sudden, it slams in gear and it fills like the rear end is about to fall out.  This happens more frequent if the stop is slightly up hill but generally does it every time.  It also happens in stop and go traffic and when I make a tight turn at a slow speed, then accelerate to go.

I've read that it could be a matter of changing the trans fluid or, having the computer reprogrammed.  I have an appoint with the dealership in two weeks, Id just like to know if others have experienced something similar in the event the dealer gives me some crazy diagnosis like a new transmission.  I honestly feel like the problem is a communication problem between the transition and eAssist.  Like I said, the truck drives perfect when it comes to a complete stop.  Its just stop and go traffic and, slow turns that drive me crazy.
    • By BDogg
      Sharing experience for your info and any ideas you might have.  My shiny new 2021 GMC Sierra Denali 3.0 Duramax Diesel with 4900 miles on it has been losing its mind.  I get multiple, rotating DIC messages: “Service ESC”, “Service Parking Brake”,  “Service ABS”, “Adaptive Cruise Control Disabled”,  “Steering Assist Reduced Drive with Care”, . . . ). The error messages come with other “benefits” besides disabled cruise control. I also enjoy no GPS signal, no Blind Spot sensors, no collision avoidance sensors, and who knows what else.   

Fortunately, the diagnostic codes were stored so the tech could see them, and I provided video of the DIC messages each time, too.  They are on their 4th attempt to repair it now.  First time, they replaced the Exhaust Particulate Matter Sensor (4025920) .  Second time, they tried the same thing and replaced the Exhaust Particulate Matter Sensor, again.  The 3rd time, they inspected the engine harness but found no damage so they replaced the pigtail to the  Exhaust Particulate Matter Sensor and followed an 8 hr rest cycle and road test protocol.  It worked for about 2 hours after I picked it up, then everything lit up again.   This (4th) time, they are saying they will replace the entire wiring harness per GM’s direction.   I do not want to use Florida’s Lemon Law, but I am starting the process just to be safe.

BTW, I’m also getting the “long-crank/no-start” issue.  They just applied the ECM update per TSB for this problem, so we’ll see if that worked when/if I get to keep the truck more than a couple hours between service appointments.

I was having issues with the passive locking feature where the truck locks the doors a few seconds after I get out with the key in my pocket.  It would not  work even when set to on.  Now that they did the Infotainment software update (V155) this seems to be fixed.

I’m still having false messages that the SD Card for the Navigation System has been removed when it has not been.  GM has a bulletin out so they know about this issue, but it appears there is no fix action on this one yet.

After looking up each code listed on the repair orders (RO’s), I believe the main harness is a very likely cause of all the DIC error messages and system failures.  Otherwise, all those modules and sensors involved have gone bad simultaneously.  I suppose a power surge of some kind could do that, but then it seems the modules would not work fine in the short time between repairs.

Here are the codes the tech reported on the last two Repair Orders (bold codes where noted on both RO’s):

2/5/22:
      B1A01
      Speaker 1 General Electric Failure
      B395B
      Side View Camera Left
      P1488
      Particulate Matter Sensor Protection Tube Performance
      U0020
      Low Speed CAN Bus
      U0022
      Low Speed CAN Communication Bus (+) Low
      U0077
      Control Module Communication Chassis Expansion CAN Bus
      U0121
      Lost Communication with Electronic Brake Control Module
      U0151
      Lost Communication with Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module
      U0155
      Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Cluster Control Module
      U0184
      Lost Communication with Radio Unit
      U0415
      Invalid Data Received From Electronic Brake Control Module
      U0422
      Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module

2/10/22:
      B0967
      Parking Aid On/Off Switch Circuit Short to Ground
      B1AO1
      Speaker 1 General Electric Failure
      P1488
      Particulate Matter Sensor Protection Tube Performance
      U0077
      Control Module Communication Chassis Expansion CAN Bus
      U0121
      Lost Communication with Electronic Brake Control Module
      U0131
      Lost Communication with Power Steering Control Module
      U0151
      Lost Communication with Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module
      U0184
      Lost Communication with Radio Unit
      U0415
      Invalid Data Received From Electronic Brake Control Module
      U0421
      Invalid Data Received From Suspension Control Module
      U0422
      Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module

• By sean882
      It started the day before Christmas Eve - noticeable but minor rpm fluctuations (a few hundred rpms) while driving on the highway after being warmed up.  About 5 minutes later, I felt the truck stuttering under light loading moving ~60mph - engine rpms below 1500.  I checked the fluid and it was perhaps a tad low (very bottom of 'hot' zone) but was definitely not red/pink.  I'm not sure if the previous owner had changed the fluid or not, but it didn't seem it.  Over the next day, the shuddering got worse and entirely repeatable.  Once the transmission fluid was warm, it would reliably shudder under light loading at slow highway speeds.  Occasionally I could get it to do it on a hill at slower speeds too.  It never happens under aggressive acceleration/heavy engine loading - this seems to work fine with no issues.  I scheduled an appointment at the dealer for next Tuesday, the soonest they had available.  In the mean time, I'm hoping to make sure I'm going down the right path and understand my best options.

I found PIP5504 (attached) and related Torque Converter Diagnosis SI (attached) and tried to work through them as best as possible without the specialty GM tools.  

Diagnostics
      Occurs most obviously when transmission fluid is warm-hot Occurs in M5 mode as well as Drive Occurs both when in V8 and V4 (with and without AFM) Occurs with and without Tow/Haul Mode enabled Occurs with and without grade braking disabled Occurs under light load conditions Does not occur under heavy load conditions Using torque app, a couple misfires (less than 20 after an hour of driving, distributed across all cylinders) are noted, but the instances do not remotely line up with when problems are seen.  Using torque app, spikes of TC slip is observed. Using torque app, RPMs go UP when TC slip is observed - these so probably not a misfire  
      Working through the PIP, the symptoms seem to indicate either 1 (fishbite) or 2 (Torque Converter Shudder).  I'm not entirely sure what fishbite is, but the service procedures are more or less similar.

I don't have a GDS2 tool to command TC engagement, unfortunately, so hopefully the dealer is willing to do this properly.

The original PIP5504 (not the C revision) had service procedures included that all seemed to point back to a fluid flush or replacing the torque converter.  Knowing that my fluid was pretty black (didn't smell burnt though), I went ahead and got a new transmission filter and performed a fluid flush.  20 Quarts of Valvoline MaxLife fluid were flushed through (not here to debate fluid brands/types - it works with Dex VI and it's what was in stock at the store open on Christmas Eve).

Observations
      Fluid was black Transmission pan magnet had fine metal debris (felt smooth between fingers) on it Photo included - what is a lot?  Truck has 178,000 miles on it, this is probably the first time it was opened. One small piece of flexible (rubber?) debris in pan Flow through and out of cooler seemed OK from the start No signs of leaks  
      Changes after Flush
      Shuddering is much reduced - but still faintly there.  Doesn't feel like truck is going to come apart though. RPM fluctuations are still there - and perhaps more noticeable than before (probably because the shudder isn't overshadowing them). Using torque app, Torque Converter Slip is still present when RPMs fluctuate.  It appears there is no change to the frequency or amplitude of slip.  
      Questions
      For those familiar, does the amount of metal on the magnet look typical, or does this look like a sign of an internal failure? Any other ideas for what the issue could be?   Any other diagnostic tests that would be helpful to zero in on the root cause? The PIP points to replacing the torque converter as the next step.  Is there any way that with all this identified, the transmission itself could be the culprit?  Living in MA in the winter without a garage, I'm almost certainly going to have to have the shop perform any replacements and don't want to pay for labor twice. If so, thoughts on a reman unit vs. having a shop repair it? I'm well outside of any warranty and see a lot of people going back and forth with the dealers while they throw parts at a problem. Any tips for reducing bad service and getting it right the first time with them? Am I doing more damage if I keep driving on it for the next week? I'm open to thoughts/suggestions at identifying the cause and next steps.  
      Vehicle Information
      2016 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 4x4 6-speed auto (6L80, MYC) 5.3L V8  178,000 miles NOT tuned in any way Daily Driver - mostly highway miles Used for occasional light towing (~12,000 miles spent towing an 850 pound teardrop trailer) Generally driven gently (boring, I know)  
      Thanks,
      -Sean

MC-10118277-9999.pdf PIP5504C.pdf Torque Converter Diagnosis SI.pdf