Camper shell...??

On 5/24/2018 at 9:02 AM, COshooter said:

Thanks for the tip!  I'll take a look at it.

Edited by spenpet
misinformation

On 2018-05-23 at 12:50 PM, RK44 said:

Couldn't be happier with my ARE Overland cap.  Been truck camping and its been perfect.  Love the looks of it too.  Havent notice any noise or anything from the Yakima racks either.  Def glad I went ahead and jumped for it.

sierra1.jpg.841f031b2d2db045862095a5bb1291d2.jpgsierra2.jpg.6fee483382dc569f6cfd1062cabfca66.jpg

This looks amazing, beautiful truck :thumbs:

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:08 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

You can see what is left of the rubber strip I'm talking about

Looked at my camper this past weekend and see what you're talking about now.  Fortunately, I didn't see any signs of wear on paint but i'll be sure to keep a close eye on it or I may cut off like you did.  As you mentioned, I don't really see a purpose for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I’ve had my Leer camper shell with electric lock for the hatch for six months. All was good. Then one day I happen to check the tailgate and it wasn’t locking anymore. Just the glass was locking and unlocking with the factory remote. Took it to my GMC dealer and they undid the wires that were t-tapped in the tailgate lock. The lock and unlock on the tailgate worked again. Everything else was a plug and play harness for the cap. Tried Posi-Taps and had the same results. I’ve heard the drivers side door rocker area has wires to tap into.  With that said where did your dealer get the signal for the lock at? Could the module that unlocks the hatch be bad. Going to the Leer dealer this weekend to see what they can find but they say they never had any issues on the K2 trucks. 

I have a Century Camper with remote lock.  Century and Leer are made in same plant so I'm sure they use the same locking mechanism.  Your camper should have a 1 yr warranty so hopefully your Leer dealer will order a replacement lock.  I wasn't having the same issue as you, mine simply just quit working, but they sent a replacement and it's been working fine since.  When I received my new lock I opted to installing myself because the dealer wanted to charge me.  I'm glad i did because the packaging contained the vendor information for the lock.  So if I have problems again I can go straight to them.  So whoever may need it in the future, go to www.loadnlocksystems.com

The Leer dealer ran new wires and connected them in the drivers side sill plate like they did before the locking tailgates. Dealer says first one that has came back since they started hooking the wires in the tailgate. We shall see if this works long term.