GM Dominates List of Best Family Vehicles - We Find Out Why

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-66965500-1491419933_thumb.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
4-5-2017

In its most recent report on "2017 Best Cars For Families", U.S. News & World Report selected more GM vehicles than any other automaker's. GM didn't just win in the luxury or affordable class, or the big engine or frugal classes either. Instead, the six models that were selected as best in their categories are of all types. GM won a third of all 18 segments. The models that were chosen as the best for families were:

Chevy Tahoe: Best Large SUV

Cadillac Escalade: Best Luxury Large SUV

Chevy Malibu: Best Midsize Car

Cadillac CTS: Best Luxury Midsize Car

Cadillac CT6: Best Luxury Large Car

Chevy Malibu Hybrid: Best Hybrid Car

Rather than repeat the story from USN, we reached out to Jamie Page Deaton, Managing Editor, U.S. News Autos and North American Car and Truck of the Year Award Juror. Jamie is a friend of GM-Trucks.com and we asked her to tell us why a company that many equate with excellence in pickups did so well on this list of the best family vehicles. Jamie told us, "What really put GM over the top is the inclusion of so many family-friendly tech features. GM's rear-seat reminder and Teen Driver systems attempt to solve critical real-world safety issues that families face, while niceties like in-car WiFi, wireless charging and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto keep everyone in the family happy and connected while on the road. GM is clearly keeping families -- all types of families, not just those with little kids -- top of mind when they develop products, and we're excited to recognize that kind of innovation."

You can read the full report at USN here.

Having reported on these things a while it looks like GM is starting to do what Toyota did a couple decades ago.

Having reported on these things a while it looks like GM is starting to do what Toyota did a couple decades ago.

i must have missed the toyota thing.

when did toyota do anything but break in half. :)

beyond family, there is every scenario where a vehicle has sensitive people onboard. kids, elderly, even a house pet.

I don't wander off american for every long.

My neighbor is a vet, on his way out.. I drive 221 miles to get him to the V.A. hosptial.

it did not take long to realize the reality of what I take for granted.

I could shoot up to 100mph to find a hospital..and know it will get there. Not that I have ever done that here in rural maine. :angel:

once into 12 foot wheelbase and beyond.. pickups do a lot of tahoe work. Trucks are famous here for incredible HVAC control, the a/c and heaters. Some people really appreciate that..life and death.

Archived