2009 Tahoe 6.2 Carfax History Would you Buy?

Hi all,

Been looking for a nice 2009 Tahoe with the 6.2.

What do you think about this one? The history shows Charging system checked multiple times, Is this normal inspection at dealer?

Anyway Dealership is 500 miles away and they are asking 23K. Tahoe has 133K on it.

Not sure what production numbers were the one year the 6.2 was offered. But I think pretty low.

I know I can get a 6.2 in a Yukon or Yukon XL Denali but then I have to get AWD and I prefer the Selectable transfer case in the Tahoe. Maybe this will be worth something one day since its kinda rare with the 6.2? Or most likely not? LOL

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DVW_1&vin=1GNFK33229R141655

Thanks!

Looks optioned nicely. LTZ, 2nd row heat, 3.42 gears, Sun Entertainment Destination package, Bose. It does have the Autotrac transfer case like a regular Silverado would (2hi, 4hi, 4lo, auto).

The charging system thing is normal. Lots of dealers do them with a quick battery tester. Literally takes no more than 2 minutes.

Hope you don't mind me posting this but I take it this is the truck? https://insightautomotive.com/inventory/2009-chevrolet-tahoe/5450

It looks to be in great shape. Plus they are asking right on the money at NADA clean retail which when I ran it came at $22,800. http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2009/Chevrolet/Tahoe-V8/Utility-4D-LTZ-4WD/Values

The only thing I see not OEM would be the wheels. Those would have been a 5 spoke 20" chrome clad per the VIN.

Thanks for the info. I figured someone would find the ad :-)

I like everything about it except the mileage and that its from the salt belt. Ill ask for some undercarriage pics.

Looks like some rust where door skin folds over?

Yea kinda looks like it. Looks fixable though, doesn't look to have gotten too bad yet. If they send you undercarriage that would be a big decider for you there I would say. I'm gonna go on a guess that they rattle bombed it underneath, as most independent used car dealers usually go that route. Unfortunately, they just spray over the rust, so if they did, you will notice where all the wax coating came off the frame.

Given the area it came from that is pretty typical. I saw that it spent quite a bit of time in SoDak.

FWIW.. I purchased a 2010 Escalade ESV AWD w/84k last summer near Atlanta for just under 27k. Southern trucks aren't exposed to salt so it's rust free. 23k is probably in line for the market but you could probably do better if you're willing to travel.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

That seems awfully high for a Tahoe with 133K on it. I bought my '09 Sierra Denali with 70k miles on it for $24k almost two years ago.

Was that from a dealer of Private Party? I think this dealer is milking extremely limited availability of the 6.2 in the Tahoe.

On another note, Which tows better, the 6.2 Sierra Denali or the 6.0 Tuned 2500 Suburban?

Thanks for the replies. If it wasn't for the rust I would have offered 19 - 20K.

I'll continue searching...

Thanks for the replies. If it wasn't for the rust I would have offered 19 - 20K.

I'll continue searching...

I know I would not want one from that part of the world. Once the rust starts, there is no stopping it.

Was that from a dealer of Private Party? I think this dealer is milking extremely limited availability of the 6.2 in the Tahoe.

On another note, Which tows better, the 6.2 Sierra Denali or the 6.0 Tuned 2500 Suburban?

Kind of a tossup. The Denali obviously has the edge in power, but it's 1000 lbs lighter.

For my 3500-lb 6x12 cargo trailer, I prefer to tow with the Denali. The Denali is only 6 inches longer, but the wheelbase is 14" longer. Makes a difference.

For my 8600-lb travel trailer, the extra weight of the Burb minimizes the tail wagging the dog. And the Burb has all the HD bits - freefloat axles, hydro boost and bigger brakes, E load tires, beefier trans, etc.

The Denali is my hotrod. The Suburban is the work truck, though it'll outrun the Denali because I had Justin remove the speed governor. :cold: My daughter has the Denali at college now, and I prefer she keep it under 100.

Got the Denali from a local, small used-car dealer. It was a Canadian import. All the manuals are in French.

That seems like a pretty good deal on the denali. Wish I had something like that when I was in college. Ha

Archived