Trading month old Silverado

I tried to do the same thing after 4 months to get out of my junk Chevy and into a better brand; the new dealer came down $13k on a brand new crew cab, but could only come within $3k of what I owe on the Chevy. Not much especially considering I'd be stepping up in equipment, power and cab size, but a lot when added to the $5500 I put down on my Chevy and the $800 in Bedliner and tonneau cover I put on the Chevy. Looks like I'm stuck for a while.

I purchased a new 2017 Silverado LTZ Z71 5.3 with the 6 speed 3.42 gears. I test drove it for only 6 miles. I love everything about this truck but the powertrain. I went in to my dealer and told them that I was not happy with the shifting and the power of the truck. At this point I had 1200 miles on it. (Mind you I just sold my 2004 Silverado SS that would run 12.50's in the 1/4 mile). So they let me test drive the exact same truck but with a 6.2 8 speed with 3.23 gears. I told them I would like to put some miles on it so I did. Now I am trading it in for the new 6.2 8 speed. There is a huge difference in performance. I took a $3000 hit but it was my fault and the dealer is swapping my 22" wheels on the new truck. Whipple is now in the future. Oh..... Black thats the color.

Why didn't the truck with the 5.3L come with the 8 Speed? According to Chevy, that is standrd on the LTZ Z71.

Archived