Wireless charging

I just left the dealer. The rubber mat was the old design with only 9 ribs. He used a 2018 VIN when ordering. Now he’s ordered the bezel and mat together to see if they send the updated one. I don’t know why they won’t change the part number to make it simple.

2 hours ago, 8lugCT said:

you installed it in the console?

Yup it’s pretty easy some videos on YouTube on how to do it, took me about 15 minutes and was the best thing I did 

I have the iPhone X and I installed my own wireless coil, fast charges and no problems and no overheating, only thing people forget is you have to buy a fast charge USB port to go in the outlet or you won’t get the fast charge. 

Any pics and part numbers? Would love to do the same thing. The other methods didn’t work out for me.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8 hours ago, gary.smedley said:

Any pics and part numbers? Would love to do the same thing. The other methods didn’t work out for me.

Thanks.

Ok the wireless charging piece I bought was insignia part number is NS-MWPC2-C ( now you have to take it apart which is really easy, there is a piece of rubber on top, you peel it off and there is little screws under it, then once that is open, you’ll see the coil, there’s a couple little screws there, take them out and voila you now have just the coil) now all you have to do is take apart the upper lid, really easy, you open it up and literally just pull off the black cover ( takes a little force but it won’t break is strong as hell) the piece I’m referring to is soon as you open your lid there is a black cover with a letter holder or something, then you will see four screws, take out the four screws, and voila the whole top bezel on top of the console comes off, now for easier understanding go on you tube and search for adding wireless charging on Silverado, there is some great videos that will help you understand things, it’s realky not as complicated as you think, and it’s def way better than the factory version and I can charge my phone up to 50% in 30 minutes, now I’m the fancy type of person and hate using cords for the simple reason the more you handle the cord the more often they break, so wireless charging is convenient for this and you can just literally flop it in down on the center and it’s chargung, I did no drilling or anything cause I didn’t want to ruin anything on the truck, never know when you want to trade it in lol, now the next part is important depending on the phone you have, Android and Apple have there own USB charging plugs to go into the outlets, they are not interchangeable as each one uses different watts etc, on eBay you can buy them really cheap but make sure they are the oem plugs not cheap ones from China as they did not give you the full protection for your device, what’s good about the wireless coil that insignia designed is, it will only put out the power the USB port desired so it won’t over due it, that’s why the name brand ones are better, the insignia pad is cheaper than any other one out there but it is well built and I’m fussy and it does not overheat, ( I did order a coil itself onetime of eBay from China as it advertised it was fast charge, when I installed it, within the first 30 seconds I could smell electrical wires melting, cause they aren’t cheap and have no standards, I will post some pics next couple days for you to help, and I promise this is an upgrade that’s cheap and you’ll love it, no splicing wires or anything and I’ve had it for over a year now and not a single problem and anyone that gets in my truck get so freaked out by seeing my phone just sitting there charging with no wires lol 

Ok the wireless charging piece I bought was insignia part number is NS-MWPC2-C ( now you have to take it apart which is really easy, there is a piece of rubber on top, you peel it off and there is little screws under it, then once that is open, you’ll see the coil, there’s a couple little screws there, take them out and voila you now have just the coil) now all you have to do is take apart the upper lid, really easy, you open it up and literally just pull off the black cover ( takes a little force but it won’t break is strong as hell) the piece I’m referring to is soon as you open your lid there is a black cover with a letter holder or something, then you will see four screws, take out the four screws, and voila the whole top bezel on top of the console comes off, now for easier understanding go on you tube and search for adding wireless charging on Silverado, there is some great videos that will help you understand things, it’s realky not as complicated as you think, and it’s def way better than the factory version and I can charge my phone up to 50% in 30 minutes, now I’m the fancy type of person and hate using cords for the simple reason the more you handle the cord the more often they break, so wireless charging is convenient for this and you can just literally flop it in down on the center and it’s chargung, I did no drilling or anything cause I didn’t want to ruin anything on the truck, never know when you want to trade it in lol, now the next part is important depending on the phone you have, Android and Apple have there own USB charging plugs to go into the outlets, they are not interchangeable as each one uses different watts etc, on eBay you can buy them really cheap but make sure they are the oem plugs not cheap ones from China as they did not give you the full protection for your device, what’s good about the wireless coil that insignia designed is, it will only put out the power the USB port desired so it won’t over due it, that’s why the name brand ones are better, the insignia pad is cheaper than any other one out there but it is well built and I’m fussy and it does not overheat, ( I did order a coil itself onetime of eBay from China as it advertised it was fast charge, when I installed it, within the first 30 seconds I could smell electrical wires melting, cause they aren’t cheap and have no standards, I will post some pics next couple days for you to help, and I promise this is an upgrade that’s cheap and you’ll love it, no splicing wires or anything and I’ve had it for over a year now and not a single problem and anyone that gets in my truck get so freaked out by seeing my phone just sitting there charging with no wires lol 

Much appreciated. I’ll check out the charger now. It’s a shame GMC didn’t just use the right Qi technology from the get go.

So after messing around with this forever, I think I finally have it working.  I have a 2017 Denali HD that came with the wireless charger that wouldn't work with my iPhone 8.  I ordered the wireless charger module for a 2018 Denali HD part number 13521066 from needgmparts.com.  (On edit: I had to email the company as the part number was not listed or found in a search). It was 97.65 plus shipping. The new charger module has a different plug but uses the same 3 wires. I ordered the new plug from Mouser electronics part number 571-2035363-4 . It cost 71 cents.  I easily unpinned the old connector.  When installing the new connector, the pins on the wires had a little "nub" sticking out on one side that wouldn't allow me to slide it into the new connector.  I took a small pliers and just squeezed these "nubs" down so they were flush.  The pins then slid in easily and clicked in place securely. Plugged the new wireless module in and put the lid for the center console back together and it seems to be working the way it should now.  Little green lightning bolt shows up on the screen when phone is on the charge pad.  I can pick the phone up, set it back down and it starts charging again immediately.   Thanks to all the users on here for the information they provided regarding the parts, connectors, correct part numbers, etc. 

new module below

DD88798F-2939-4EC3-A4E4-7C009374AD1A.jpeg

Edited by rtreptow7
Added photo
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, rtreptow7 said:

I ordered the wireless charger module for a 2018 Denali HD part number 13521066 from needgmparts.com.  It was 97.65 plus shipping.

I went to that parts site, and that part number was not recognized. How did you order it?

1 hour ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

I went to that parts site, and that part number was not recognized. How did you order it?

I had to email them directly and got a quick response too. 

Maybe I will edit my post to include that bit of info too.  

Edited by rtreptow7

I can confirm how well the new charging module works with Android phones too. With my '16 and Galaxy S7 Edge and Otterbox case, it will not fit in the lid pad nor will it charge. Heck, even without the case, 9 times out of 10 tries it still will not charge. I got a '18 loaner today. Plopped my phone down (in the case) where it was at an angle cuz it didn't fit, but still charged. Re-tried it 5 times and every time it charged, even cockeyed, tilted at an angle

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just returned from my local dealer.

The charging rubber mat is still listed as 23264395. I ordered one, and am hopeful that it is the latest design. It is listed '16-'18

The module is 13521066. This is not been issued a price from GM, and is not yet available for service. It is listed for '18 only.

The module console harness is 23124536. It is $30 wholesale. It is listed for '18 only.

Any luck on the rubber mat?