Wireless charging

Good morning boys and gals.

The General themselves have released a "one size fits most" wireless charging Gen II module upgrade/retrofit.  Retails for $99.  Part 84526978.  Comes with one (1) gen 2 module, and one (1) jumper harness, making it a plug and play deal.  It is a customer pay only deal, no warranty coverage.

This kit fits:

2017-2018 Buick Lacrosse, 2018 Buick Regal, 2015-2018 Cadillac ATS/CTS/CT6/ELR/XT5/XTS/Escalade, 2015-2017 Chevrolet Bolt/Suburban/Tahoe/Volt, 2016-2018 Chevrolet Camaro/Impala/Malibu, 2015-2018 Chevrolet Colorado/Cruze, 2018 Chevrolet Equinox, 2016-2017 Silverado/Sierra, 2015-2018 GMC Canyon, and 2015-2017 GMC Yukon.  All listed must have come with factory installed Gen I wireless charging.

Edited by newdude
  • Like 2

Ok, those looking to swap the earlier "big chin" model out for the 2018 "little chin" model... I added the item in my cart, saw the shipping, said f you! Figured I would get it from the dealer because the cost was actually the same. I received this email because the item was still in my cart when I left the web page, and sent this reply to it. I then got the second email with the apology, then a third email with a new order number and 14.00 shipping. I ended up paying more then wholesale, but still less then dealer! The total was 78.00 and this will resovle my charging issues for my wifes s8 and my s8+. Our phones currently charge, just have to be further back then what the current tray allows. Hopefully this helps others! Message and I can show you my invoice for proof of what I paid11a1bbb810cdfe8e02011059640c2d43.jpg4b36782d9d16b654b460aa4b4714cd11.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 5/12/2018 at 5:40 AM, newdude said:

Good morning boys and gals.

The General themselves have released a "one size fits most" wireless charging Gen II module upgrade/retrofit.  Retails for $99.  Part 84526978.  Comes with one (1) gen 2 module, and one (1) jumper harness, making it a plug and play deal.  It is a customer pay only deal, no warranty coverage.

@newdudeAny idea where we can get it?  I've checked a couple of sites and can't find that part number anywhere.

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

Which retrofit? I only needed to replace the rubber tray and my wife and my phone charge great

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The one listed at the top of this page. GM released a retrofit kit with the new charger to work with newer devices. Some people have had luck replacing the rubber tray with the new one but the results have been mixed just replacing tray only. The cheapest I can find the tray is $60. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 2016 Z71 last week. Thought it was so cool that it had a wireless phone charger in it. Just to find out it didn’t work on my IPhone X, even though I use a Samsung wireless charging puck on it every night. I searched this forum, found some answers, then asked a GM tech buddy of mine about making a 2018 module fit in this truck. He told me about the retrofit kit (GM p/n 84526978) and I ordered it a couple days ago. Came in today. $68. I installed it in about 10 min. And it charges my iPhone X with a case on it in the back of the stock tray on the console lid. ?? Love this truck more and more every day lol.  

Got my 2016 Z71 last week. Thought it was so cool that it had a wireless phone charger in it. Just to find out it didn’t work on my IPhone X, even though I use a Samsung wireless charging puck on it every night. I searched this forum, found some answers, then asked a GM tech buddy of mine about making a 2018 module fit in this truck. He told me about the retrofit kit (GM p/n 84526978) and I ordered it a couple days ago. Came in today. $68. I installed it in about 10 min. And it charges my iPhone X with a case on it in the back of the stock tray on the console lid. [emoji41][emoji41] Love this truck more and more every day lol.  

I did the same and got it from Tasca. Installed quick and works great.

Sent via Morse code
  • Like 1

I didn't read all the threads but I found the GM retrofit kit, Module Pkg - GM (84526978) I got it off GM Parts Direct.com for $85 and change shipped.  Comes with pigtail harness and new wireless module.  Going to install in our 2016 Suburban. 

Ha Ha, didn't read the entire post or even the last one and I should have.  I was just happy to have found what I needed to get the wireless charging to work with my wife's iPhone 8

Edited by Black02Silverado