Wireless charging

What does this kit provide for you over what is in the truck already? Or is this kit only for those that don't have wireless charging in their truck?

I have a 2017 Sierra, would this fix my pixel3 charging issue?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, mn camper guy said:

What does this kit provide for you over what is in the truck already? Or is this kit only for those that don't have wireless charging in their truck?

You likely need what P/N is for the 2018 module.

That said - why bother?  You can't do wireless Android Auto.  Just plug your phone in and be done with it.

10 hours ago, mn camper guy said:

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My 2017 factory wireless charger would not charge my iphone 8 plus, so I upgraded to the 2018 updated unit for $65 which does charge my phone now.  And yes it would most likely solve your wireless charging issue.

Now that I have 2 chargers I can have my phone connected to apple car play, and my wife can still charge her phone on the wireless pad.

Edited by pewterliftedz

My 2017 Yukon Denali is doing the same thing; it will not charge my iPhone 7 or X. Charging bolt comes on for a couple of seconds then goes off.

There are a couple of ways to do this from what I have found; swap out the module to an 18' (part number 13521066) and modify the 3-wire connection from your 17' to it, purchase a retrofit kit from Infotainment that has the connection extension already modified with the module for you, OR (and I have yet to confirm this) purchase an entirely new Center Console Armrest Assembly from GM that includes the new module and wire connection to your vehicle.

Has anyone here purchased an entire new Center Console Armrest Assembly (GM Part#84329326)  and just swapped them out to get the wireless charger to work in your 2016-2017?

Center Console 84329326.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 8:38 PM, ThunderBunny01 said:

Big shoot out to pgamboa and his video.  I was going crazy as to why my iPhone X would not charge in my 2016. I just got my 2018 module and ordered the new conncector.  Took about 15 minutes to put everything together and pin the new connector, now everything works like a charm.  I did not rotate my mat, and i can charge as long as the phone is touching the back stop.

I do have a 2016 module for sale...if anyone wants a nice paperweight. LOL

This is great info, thank you! Any chance you have the link to his video and the part number to order? 

• Like 1

This is great info, thank you! Any chance you have the link to his video and the part number to order? 

I stock the module kit as well. PM me so we can go over the validation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

@pgamboa I have the 2017 Chevy Tahoe.  Would the module switch with the 2018 GM part work to upgrade/make compatible my charging pad with my iPhone X?  If so can you send me info on your cord where I won’t have to change those pin things and also can you send me the info on where to order the new module.  I did hear in your video that it was on back order...hopefully not now though!  My email is ukpa09 at gmail.com -thanks a bunch!!!! And by the way- I’m in medicine and am not mechanically inclined- thank you for breaking this down in a way I could understand!!!!

• Like 1

[mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] I have the 2017 Chevy Tahoe.  Would the module switch with the 2018 GM part work to upgrade/make compatible my charging pad with my iPhone X?  If so can you send me info on your cord where I won’t have to change those pin things and also can you send me the info on where to order the new module.  I did hear in your video that it was on back order...hopefully not now though!  My email is ukpa09 at gmail.com -thanks a bunch!!!! And by the way- I’m in medicine and am not mechanically inclined- thank you for breaking this down in a way I could understand!!!!

Send me this message to [email protected]

I have these ready made and ships in 1-2 days.

Thanks!

My Samsung Galaxy s8 wireless charges in a magpul case. I did have to take the rubber mat out of the charger, rotate it 180 degrees, cut the alignment nub off the rubber mat, and put it back in for it to work. Took about 5 minutes and is a great feature that I use every day. Keeps the console area clean and free of wires which I like. 

Note on the fitment of the phone into the pad, it fits completely perfect with no wiggle room side to side and some room to go forward and back. I keep mine in the all the way back position and that works for me. The case is a good one for the phone too as far as drops and grip etc.

Just my $0.02

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got the Pixel XL to wireless charge in the GM wireless charge pads? I have the '17 High Country but it doesn't seem to want to work. It is like a millimeter too wide to sit perfectly flat. I tried searching, but you get 100's of replies because "Sent from my Pixel"....

But curious if anyone is wireless charging with any Pixel XL or similar 3" wide phones and how they got it to work. Really not pumped about trying to shave down the large plastic trim around the rubber mat to make it a hair wider but that seems like the next step...

Edited by grafik

• 10 months later...

Wanted to provide some information regarding recent phones as of summer 2020. 

I just did a PnP retrofit kit from @pgamboa's site and had a great experience with it and the install videos.  As of this post I have not been able to find the updated 2018 model 10 rib charging mat in stock anywhere (if they can even track down the actual 10 rib version at all with the weird part# stuff), but was happy to see my Samsung Galaxy S20 5G+ is able to consistently charge without issue on the 2017 9 rib version mat with the tall backstop already in the truck.

I didn't see any of the install videos reference it specifically, but if you were preoccupied with not breaking the console and didn't notice exactly how the original wiring is ran, there are channels for it inside the console ribbing itself and a cutout to hold the wiring in place along the hinge included on the driver's side hinge area of the underside plastic cover. 

Wanted to provide some information regarding recent phones as of summer 2020. 

I just did a PnP retrofit kit from [mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention]'s site and had a great experience with it and the install videos.  As of this post I have not been able to find the updated 2018 model 10 rib charging mat in stock anywhere (if they can even track down the actual 10 rib version at all with the weird part# stuff), but was happy to see my Samsung Galaxy S20 5G+ is able to consistently charge without issue on the 2017 9 rib version mat with the tall backstop already in the truck.

I didn't see any of the install videos reference it specifically, but if you were preoccupied with not breaking the console and didn't notice exactly how the original wiring is ran, there are channels for it inside the console ribbing itself and a cutout to hold the wiring in place along the hinge included on the driver's side hinge area of the underside plastic cover. 

Thanks for sharing!

Hope this helps.

84199943 - Matt (10-Rib)
23264395 - Matt (9-Rib)