Wireless charging

55 minutes ago, Tattooo said:
1 hour ago, Rosedog said:
Did you modify your trim? I had to modify mine just so it could sit on the lip of the rubber mat. I also rotated my rubber mat. 

How did you modify the trim ?

With a dremel 

57 minutes ago, Tattooo said:
1 hour ago, Rosedog said:
Did you modify your trim? I had to modify mine just so it could sit on the lip of the rubber mat. I also rotated my rubber mat. 

How did you modify the trim ?

With a dremel. All the parts listed here:

The 2018 charging unit is different. I have not been able to obtain part numbers for the new charger and modified rubber pad..

There are four additional brands which offer some compatible models. However, only the 2018 models support the Qi standard, so earlier ones won’t charge your iPhone:

• Buick
  • Cadillac
  • Chevrolet
  • GMC

There are currently only nine compatible models across these four manufacturers:

• 2018 GMC Terrain
  • 2018 GMC Yukon
  • 2018 GMC Sierra
  • 2018 Chevrolet Bolt
  • 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe
  • 2018 Chevrolet Silverado
  • 2018 Chevrolet Suburban
  • 2018 Cadillac Escalade
  • 2018 Buick Enclave

If you’re looking for a wireless charger for use at home, check out the video below for some options. If you’re sticking with an older iPhone, there’s a range of wireless charging cases you can buy.

48 minutes ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

The 2018 charging unit is different. I have not been able to obtain part numbers for the new charger and modified rubber pad..

There are four additional brands which offer some compatible models. However, only the 2018 models support the Qi standard, so earlier ones won’t charge your iPhone:

• Buick
  • Cadillac
  • Chevrolet
  • GMC

There are currently only nine compatible models across these four manufacturers:

• 2018 GMC Terrain
  • 2018 GMC Yukon
  • 2018 GMC Sierra
  • 2018 Chevrolet Bolt
  • 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe
  • 2018 Cadillac Escalade
  • 2018 Buick Enclave

If you’re looking for a wireless charger for use at home, check out the video below for some options. If you’re sticking with an older iPhone, there’s a range of wireless charging cases you can buy.

WTF I want my 17’ charger replaced. 

11 hours ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

• Buick
  • Cadillac
  • Chevrolet
  • GMC

• 2018 GMC Terrain
  • 2018 GMC Yukon
  • 2018 GMC Sierra
  • 2018 Chevrolet Bolt
  • 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe
  • 2018 Cadillac Escalade
  • 2018 Buick Enclave

Let us know when you find part numbers.  I would like a part number for the whole console lid.... I think it would be easier to just switch out the hole top instead of tearing it apart... should be a few bolts and good to go.

1 hour ago, JacobC1983 said:

Let us know when you find part numbers.  I would like a part number for the whole console lid.... I think it would be easier to just switch out the hole top instead of tearing it apart... should be a few bolts and good to go.

Much easier, but probably much more expensive. 

I agree

2 hours ago, Bobby Cuesta said:

I just bought a 2017 GMC Sierra All terrian and I have a Samsung s8 plus. I couldn't get it to change so did a little research and found this video on YouTube. Hope it helps!

Lol this is exactly what i said, except I didn't need to take the bezel off. I was able to slip the rubber out without doing so

10 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Why does flipping the rubber pad make it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the charger is positioned toward the back, and with the way the pad is, the bumper on the backside pushes the phone forward away from the charger. So reversing the mat allows the phone to be positioned more toward the back 

• Like 3