Wireless charging

Why does flipping the rubber pad make it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It moves the part of the pad the phone rests against to the front. Which allows the phone to be positioned to the rear about 1/4 inch more. This allows the charger coil to line up better and charge.

• Like 1

I was just thinking if that charging warning sticker can be removed because having the sticker upside down would bother me more than not being able to use the wireless charger I barely used anyway because its so slow.

i thought i read somewhere that the new iphones 8 and x will not be supported in our GMC's with the wireless charging.... can only do it in the 2018's.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208148

looks like we'll be having some new mods to update our qi pads in our later model trucks.... 

i thought i read somewhere that the new iphones 8 and x will not be supported in our GMC's with the wireless charging.... can only do it in the 2018's.

looks like we'll be having some new mods to update our qi pads in our later model trucks.... 

I read that as well.

1 hour ago, Tattooo said:
2 hours ago, Crstfr said:

I read that as well.

This is correct

22 hours ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

Some of the base Tahoes come without a charger, so they have this smooth mat that fits inside the bezel..

s-l1600.jpg

Aside from it being a mat with no ridges, it still has the raised lip around the outside edge.  Correct me if I am wrong but it will not allow for a Note 8/S8+/or similar size phone in case to sit flush against the bottom.

Aside from it being a mat with no ridges, it still has the raised lip around the outside edge.  Correct me if I am wrong but it will not allow for a Note 8/S8+/or similar size phone in case to sit flush against the bottom.

I still think my Note 8 will fit but would have to try to be sure.

On 5/24/2017 at 5:13 AM, Ed36rgz71 said:

Have S8+ with a case did this quick and easy just flip the rubber part and you're good to go

Which locking console insert is that?