Tear in All-Terrain seat not being covered by Warranty

You can try another dealer but that looks to be wear and tear if it did not come that way from the factory.

I'm going to try another dealer. The tears definitely originate from the stitch holes so I consider that a defect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If that was my truck I certainly wouldn't care but I guess that's just me. If it's that important to you why not just buy a new seat and be done with it?

They quoted me 600 bucks for a new seat cover. F that!

It's tempting. The Tundra is looking good but they need to work on their fuel mileage first.

Looking good? Did it not look good ten years ago when it was released?

Honestly I think it should be covered but that is a high wear area and who knows how hard how often or what was drug across it. I can see it either way. Maybe another dealer will cover it? So long as they didn't put something in the system to other dealers as well.

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970

For that little tiny thing?

Maybe it's time to step away from the macro then zoom out and enjoy life for a little while. LOL

I'm sure there are probably a couple of carpet fibers out of place too but hey, it's not supposed to be a perfect world.

that little tear will continue to grow as the leather flexes and stretches.

But hey, some people aren't slobs and take pride in what they drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I didn't have a tear but had two slices. They didn't cover it which didn't surprise me (or anger me cause I was pretty sure it was from my dog but figured I'd try). But they did have someone come in and patch it and honestly you would never know there's a patch unless you looked really close. Cost like $125 and was well worth it imo.

that little tear will continue to grow as the leather flexes and stretches.

But hey, some people aren't slobs and take pride in what they drive!

Cancer will continue to grow as well and that's something I'd be worried about, couple of little threads? nah. Life's too short.

Edited by It's Tim

I also was denied. I took mine in a month ago at 20k miles still under warranty because the leather paint or coating whatever it is is flaking off the center of the seat. The service writer said he would replace it but needed his manager approval. The manager never looked at the seat and said no it is a wear and tear item. I am not happy and even if I go to another dealer its in the computer now.

Edited by Payton34
  • Like 1

Cancer will continue to grow as well and that's something I'd be worried about, couple of little threads? nah. Life's too short.

like I said, some people are sloppy and just don't care about their stuff..........

• Like 2

Wonder if that carbon fiber look fabric is even leather........ I like the red stitching - but they can have that fabric.......

It's definitely vinyl. The leather is only the insert. I love the red stitching and the fake carbon fiber panels in the interior but would have rather had leather on the entire seating area.

It's definitely vinyl. The leather is only the insert. I love the red stitching and the fake carbon fiber panels in the interior but would have rather had leather on the entire seating area.

Well if it ends up being on your dime - look at KatzKin - I had it in my 2500 and loved it...........

post-168136-0-29021200-1493302561_thumb.jpg

post-168136-0-49332300-1493302575_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

If that was my truck I certainly wouldn't care but I guess that's just me. If it's that important to you why not just buy a new seat and be done with it?

because it easily costs 5-600 for the seat cover and why should the consumer have to worry about buying themselves if there is a bumper to bumper warranty in place. It's a false sense of security if they're going to throw caveats to their workmanship

• Like 2

because it easily costs 5-600 for the seat cover and why should the consumer have to worry about buying themselves if there is a bumper to bumper warranty in place. It's a false sense of security if they're going to throw caveats to their workmanship

If I bought it for you would that make you any feel better?