On 10/14/2017 at 6:28 AM, bcbz71 said:

I'm with you...my ownership hasn't been smooth.  Original tires had flat spots, complete steering system had to be replaced, multiple recalls, and now the A/C system and battery.    The only one that really bothers me is the condenser since everything else was under warranty and my dealer always gave me a loaner truck to drive.   Going forward, I will continue to take care of this truck, but when it hits its 10 year birthday, I think I'm going to Toyota.    No vehicles are perfect, but the boys at work driving Tundras seem to never have issues.

would be interested to see the resale value of the 2014-2017 Silverado in 5 or 10 years compared to the Tundra.  The 4Runner and the Tacoma still command top dollar even with 100,000 or 150,000 on the odometer.  

The automotive industry is evolving at warp speed these days.  Predicting what a truck will be like ten years from now is risky business for sure.  Trucks, due to the nature of their use, will have to retain their ability to be operated manually whereas people haulers will to transition toward autonomous driving.  Then, there's power supply; will gas/diesel (hydrocarbons) still dominate, electric, hybrid, hydrogen?  Personally, I'm having trouble processing the current demise of the V-8. The thought of an electric truck depresses me.   No more dual exhaust rumble ?.....

On 10/24/2017 at 1:32 PM, Snoringbear said:

.... Personally, I'm having trouble processing the current demise of the V-8. The thought of an electric truck depresses me.   No more dual exhaust rumble ?.....

Dont fret. They already have synthetic engine sounds on some of the exotics.

Unfortunately my 2014 Z's AC compressor cracked. I'm just glad it didn't crap out in August. Got a quote for $1700+ to replace the compressor, condenser, and flush the system including the evaporator. Looks like I'm going to tackle this project myself. What's the worse that could happen? Has anyone here replaced a condenser on their own? 

49 minutes ago, 14tungstenLT said:

I know of 2 guys, one with a 2015 Yukon the other with a 2015 Tahoe that received letters of an extended warranty for this part specifically.  They also received a reimbursement letter for any repairs previously performed.  

Interesting... wonder if they will do this with us.  My old Acura had a transmission flaw which they did a similar thing.  Instead of doing a recall, they extended the warranty for just the transmission.  My tranny went within a year of the car being new.

1 minute ago, jonesumd said:

Interesting... wonder if they will do this with us.  My old Acura had a transmission flaw which they did a similar thing.  Instead of doing a recall, they extended the warranty for just the transmission.  My tranny went within a year of the car being new.

im trying to get one of them to email me the reimbursement form.  Im just gunna fill it out and send it in, whats the worst that can happen? 

Hi,

First post. New to the forum. Joined up specifically for this issue, since I have a buddy who's '15 silverado AC kicked out last summer.

I just got a GMC 1500 "Elevation" 2017. First owner. Less than 3000km.

I've read back in this thread and I have the impression that there are two AC condensers. The old model, which is a bit of a time bomb, and the new model which is the replacement model. I don't remember a post about someone having a replacement model die on them, but I may have missed it. It seems they fixed the issue with the newer model. This thread is fairly long and took me a while to read through. I may have missed something.

I'm a little fuzzy on how to tell what model I have. From what I have read, the 2017's could have either. What exactly am I looking for?

Thanks in advance.

A friend with a 2016 Tahoe just received notice from GM that they are extending the warranty on his Tahoe's condenser to five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. He said the notice included the 2016 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL, and Escalade.  (Escalade warranty was extended to six years or 72,000 miles) It did not mention 2016 trucks. Anyone with a truck receive a warranty extension like this from GM?

9 hours ago, Ag76 said:

A friend with a 2016 Tahoe just received notice from GM that they are extending the warranty on his Tahoe's condenser to five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. He said the notice included the 2016 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL, and Escalade.  (Escalade warranty was extended to six years or 72,000 miles) It did not mention 2016 trucks. Anyone with a truck receive a warranty extension like this from GM?

Hopefully a separate one comes out for the trucks.

Hi,

First post. New to the forum. Joined up specifically for this issue, since I have a buddy who's '15 silverado AC kicked out last summer.

I just got a GMC 1500 "Elevation" 2017. First owner. Less than 3000km.

I've read back in this thread and I have the impression that there are two AC condensers. The old model, which is a bit of a time bomb, and the new model which is the replacement model. I don't remember a post about someone having a replacement model die on them, but I may have missed it. It seems they fixed the issue with the newer model. This thread is fairly long and took me a while to read through. I may have missed something.

I'm a little fuzzy on how to tell what model I have. From what I have read, the 2017's could have either. What exactly am I looking for?

Thanks in advance.
I could be wrong but aren't the new models black? I thought the old model was silver.

All I know is that they fixed the weak weld point. If the dealer tried charging me for the condenser out of warranty, I'd have so much documentation stating that it was their fault for the bad part and there would be no way in hell I'd be paying for it.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk