On 11/15/2017 at 10:33 PM, Obscenejesster said:

All I know is that they fixed the weak weld point. If the dealer tried charging me for the condenser out of warranty, I'd have so much documentation stating that it was their fault for the bad part and there would be no way in hell I'd be paying for it.

Then you will be driving for a long time without A/C.   Unless you have a super generous dealer, you are going to pay some if not all of the condenser change if it happens to your truck out of warranty.  I'm not saying it's right but out of warranty is out of warranty.....that's why it's 3 year / 36,000.   

On 11/17/2017 at 6:08 PM, bcbz71 said:

Then you will be driving for a long time without A/C.   Unless you have a super generous dealer, you are going to pay some if not all of the condenser change if it happens to your truck out of warranty.  I'm not saying it's right but out of warranty is out of warranty.....that's why it's 3 year / 36,000.   

Guys read through some people's past experiences here...GM is offering cost assistance at the dealership to replace, but it seems to vary dealer to dealer(and you have to ask for it).  My experience at 115k miles on a 2014 GMC was a $250 cost out the door.  I found that to be fair being out of warranty and up there in miles..like you say, hopefully you have a super generous dealer..

26 minutes ago, gough1jj said:

Guys read through some people's past experiences here...GM is offering cost assistance at the dealership to replace, but it seems to vary dealer to dealer(and you have to ask for it).  My experience at 115k miles on a 2014 GMC was a $250 cost out the door.  I found that to be fair being out of warranty and up there in miles..like you say, hopefully you have a super generous dealer..

$250 on a truck with115K miles on it, that's an awesome deal.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gough1jj said:

A Google search will reveal many sites where people are complaining about the condensers and getting no relief.   You definitely did well as most people have been paying 100% of the repair out of their pocket (when they can find a part).  If my truck had 114K miles, I'm not sure I would have pursued any reimbursement.  My dealer offered 10% off the repair initially and eventually agreed to 50% after I contacted GM's executive office--I still haven't received the check though.

Edited by bcbz71

14 hours ago, bcbz71 said:

A Google search will reveal many sites where people are complaining about the condensers and getting no relief.   You definitely did well as most people have been paying 100% of the repair out of their pocket (when they can find a part).  If my truck had 114K miles, I'm not sure I would have pursued any reimbursement.  My dealer offered 10% off the repair initially and eventually agreed to 50% after I contacted GM's executive office--I still haven't received the check though.

I feel like many who didn't get relief didn't ask hard enough.  And should a condenser in Michigan go at 115k and 4 years?  I went to the dealer I bought my truck from and I always feel taken care of.  I've been to another (more local to me) dealer and they couldn't even replace my battery correctly, or diagnose that there was a loose nut, on the battery terminal..go figure..  So it does depend on who you talk to, I doubt this other dealer would have done as much or anything on the condenser.  Anyone still going through the issue I would suggest going about it per my early post in this thread...starting with a live chat on gmc site, etc etc..  

Just from my knothole.... if the warranty says xx,xxx miles/x years, that's all they have to honor.   The exception is a NHTSA Safety Recall.  If they voluntarily provide assistance on other non-safety problems, good on them.  They are either doing it for good PR and/or avoiding a class action.   These days, there are plenty of low-life, belly crawlin, cheese eatin, lawyers that are searching the internet or advertising on the late-late show for a class to represent in a suit.  Corporations with deep pockets like GM have to actively defend and avoid situations where these class actions may pop up their ugly heads.  The way those lawyers work is; they gather enough plaintiffs for the class action and threaten the deep pocket corporation, then the corporation offers a settlement that can't come anywhere close to making all the individuals whole, but it's a huge sum because of the shear number of plaintiffs in the class, the lawyer sees a large payday, since the belly crawler gets 1/3rd or more of the settlement, the remainder gets divided among the plaintiffs, and it amounts to a tiny fraction of the financial issue for the individual.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Add me to the list @ 59,855 miles! I filed a complaint at NHTSA and strongly recommend everyone do the same!

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/?_ga=1.203170257.1767629473.1491918395&gclid=Cj0KCQiAh_DTBRCTARIsABlT9MbM5lg_JxE3jrKTIhdTTlxlR3E47xMW85makHHsOXkN-kyvcR10E2saAg53EALw_wcB

I will be contacting GM as soon as I am done dealing with the BS the dealer is spitting out!

do ya'll have part numbers of the part that is affected?  is it the lines that crack?  or the condenser?

so i found the part number to the hose and bracket need to help relieve stress on the 90 degree elbow...

however - im confused as to weather it could also be a leak at the condenser also?  it is either or?

Im trying to buy the parts and install my self and then just have it recharged...

Edited by JUSTINASS

23 hours ago, JUSTINASS said:

anyone replaced theirs themselves?  thinking it is the condenser...from my research.

im not seeing signs on the line itself...just the condenser...

i do not have the bracket on the line either.

IMG_3020.JPG

on page 8 of this discussion someone posted these part #s.

23438932 (hose) 1 $127.36

23264893 (bracket) 1 $6.68

12356150 (refrigerant) 2 $14.26

20982844 (*condenser) 1 $256.07

Well I had a little success. the dealer quoted me $1,200 with the diagnostic fee!   After i schooled them on the issue and how many other people were affected by this faulty part they knocked it down to $925. Then I contacted GM Customer Engagement Center. via the website and got a phone call from a representative with in the hour. They told me they would see what they could do. an hour later the dealer called me and adjusted the price to $495 + the diagnostic fee. The had the truck back to me in one day. No problems so far!