My compressor blew a few days ago right around 57k. Got it fixed and the A/C was blowing ice cold, and was loving every second of it. About 3 days later (yesterday) my condenser failed. Now I'm back at the dealer, without a warranty I might add, getting that fixed too. GM needs to get it together. I really hope the new 2019's don't have these issues. For what it's worth I have a 2014, but I've seen these issues all the way up to the 17's.

Edited by EChavez

After reading this thread, it sounds like a condenser leak is a foregone conclusion. I have other mechanics and owners telling me it is a known detect (bad weld) and its just a matter of time. GM won't replace it until it breaks, and if it is under warranty, they will replace it with a part that has a similar defect.

No wonder the tax payers had to bail them out. GM is a horrible company.

I refuse to drive a vehicle without working AC. Pile it on to all the other little issues I'm having with this truck, and it really is a purchase I regret.

If (or should I say "when") my condenser fails, I'm going to have it changed out at the Ford dealership. I'll have them change out the rest of the truck with it.

Well.. bought my truck in October. Turned on the AC for the first time today and it was nice and hot... Kids were sweating up a storm on the drive home.. 2014 LTZ crew w/short box with 74k. Too late to call a dealership tonight but I'll see what's up tomorrow.

Thank you for the information all. Hopefully I can see what is up and if I find the crack it can be taken care of easily and cheaply too. I just dropped a lot of money into an audio system and really don't want to rip it all back out...

my ac went out on my 2014 GMC two days ago . checked the condenser with soapy water and sure enough condenser leaking at driver side. called dealer was told Gm had extended the warranty on condenser for 60,000, took it in and it would be free of charge, great i said , get a call from dealer saying my vin was not covered. two days later got fixed it dealer helped me out big time . $250. out the door.

3 minutes ago, silverado990 said:

yes ,60,000 miles mine has 56,000

So there an extended warranty but your VIN was one of the ones covered? How the **** do they decide certain trucks are covered and some arnt when it’s the same condenser and compressor on every truck.

Me too! Same details as above with the ac condenser defective weld. So reported to my dealer, GMC customer service online and safercar.gov. Seems this in fact needs to be included with special coverage 17336-02 along with the Escalades, Tahoe and Yukon victims. The Sierra and Silverado customers need to report on the safercar.gov site. I was out of coverage in the bumper to bumper with 47k miles. I would challenge as this should be considered as Powertrain. What do you think?

dealer had investigated my truck called me back and took care of most of the cost. I still have pending charges I am trying to be considered to be credited back to me. Charge was labor only.

71B8F49A-E3AC-49AF-9C3B-0FB8C0E66256.jpeg

Edited by 2WsierraSLT

Add me to the list. 97k miles and A/C started struggling to blow cold air. I checked condenser and sure enough, leaking from the same spot as everyone else.

I'm not even going to attempt to ask dealer with 97k miles. I'll be changing it out myself this weekend.

Been 8 days since I dropped it off at the dealer. Part still hasn’t showed up. They’re assuring me it’ll show up today, but honestly I’m tired of hearing that. If it doesn’t show up today I’m picking my truck up. This is ridiculous.