Agreed. My radiator was replaced a few months before I bought the truck.  Wonder if thats why the trans and oil cooler lines are leaking. Those will be  done under warranty before it runs out at 100k.

19 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

Agreed. My radiator was replaced a few months before I bought the truck.  Wonder if thats why the trans and oil cooler lines are leaking. Those will be  done under warranty before it runs out at 100k.

It is possible since everything is hooked up together for the most part.

My radiator was replaced under warranty due to cycling thermostat. 

When I had that done the service advisor asked me if I had the condenser replaced yet. 

So they at least know it was/is a problem. I wish they would have went ahead and replaced it while they were in there.

I now have the typical fracture crack where the joint is going to the dryer.

Long time reader, but not big on posting. Just joined because this just happened to me. 2014 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L with 90,400 miles. AC condenser failed 3 days ago. At my local GMC dealer now for repair. Got a call today from one of the service advisors and what would have been a $1,200 repair will cost me $300 because GM is paying for the rest. 

I have to say that owning this truck with all its problems over the years (all well known issues common across the line) has left a bad taste in my mouth overall. However, this good will from GM regarding the condenser was surprising and helps with my overall impression of the brand. Thank you GM. 

Edited by RE1

19 hours ago, RE1 said:

Long time reader, but not big on posting. Just joined because this just happened to me. 2014 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L with 90,400 miles. AC condenser failed 3 days ago. At my local GMC dealer now for repair. Got a call today from one of the service advisors and what would have been a $1,200 repair will cost me $300 because GM is paying for the rest. 

I have to say that owning this truck with all its problems over the years (all well known issues common across the line) has left a bad taste in my mouth overall. However, this good will from GM regarding the condenser was surprising and helps with my overall impression of the brand. Thank you GM. 

The "Goodwill" program or policy is a blessing in disguise.

I do not know the whole story behind it but Goodwill saved me $3500 back in 2008.

I had an 05 Avalanche and my 4L60E transmission failed at 42K miles, beyond my standard 3/36 warranty and I had no extension.

When the service advisor called me and said that he had good news and bad news on my transmission I asked what is the bad news?

He said you are out an 02 sensor. I said what is the good news.

He said your getting a new transmission courtesy of GM via the Goodwill program and it would cost nothing.

So it is good to hear that in certain situations the Goodwill program is still given out today.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:51 AM, RACERX7775 said:

Ugh. Well atleast you can get it done pretty cheap and not have to go to the dealer. There are plenty of videos on exactly how to do it.  

Yes I feel better in that regard but finding the time is the hard part.

Or I could just trade it in on a T1 :thumbs:   

wish GM would pay for mine - A/C Condenser ( $1200.00 parts & labor ) ??    They just installed a Radiator , Thermostat two weeks ago FREE . only has 84000 on it . You think it would be cover under the 100,000 mile warranty .  Maybe time for a new truck ??

What IS this GM GOODWILL Program ?????    Today I got the notice on the brake booster , LITTLE  LATE - over on mileage .   MAYBE IT TIME FOR GM TO STEP UP - ON GOING PROBLEM with 2014 - 2019 .    WHY Should people buy Chevy  ???    

Edited by slj2008
GM Problem's

Boom!  Condenser leaking, 2015 @ 26,133 miles. 3yr warranty came first.  SMH:mad:

Dealership negotiated price with GMC.  40/60.  GM - $264.96,  Me - $397.43.

Such a scam,  This part is failing on nearly every truck.  If anyone is curios, the replacement condenser they installed has the square foil on it.

Edited by BrianBrianBrian

27 minutes ago, BrianBrianBrian said:

Boom!  Condenser leaking, 2015 @ 26,133 miles. 3yr warranty came first.  SMH:mad:

Such a scam,  This part is failing on nearly every truck.  If anyone is curios, the replacement condenser they installed has the square foil on it.

Most of the aftermarket condensers still seem to be made better than the "updated" GM version and at half the cost.

You can still do this yourself as others have suggested for probably less than $200 all in.

$400 with GM assistance is still double the true cost if you ask me. But, the Techs have to get paid I guess.

42 minutes ago, BrianBrianBrian said:

It's not just the trucks, suv's too.

22 minutes ago, reelbusy said:

It's not just the trucks, suv's too.

Good point.

2015 and up Tahoe, Yukon & Suburban all have the same condenser as K2 trucks I believe.

Probably Escalade as well.

So is the condenser with the foil square on upper driver side corner an improved design from the one that failed?

Got my truck back today. $315 to me, the balance to GM. 

98375638-EA46-4AEA-AB5A-6BA3BB653252.thumb.jpeg.0fd53f893cb5a08a36bb117e99d33cd2.jpeg

14 minutes ago, RE1 said:

So is the condenser with the foil square on upper driver side corner an improved design from the one that failed?

Got my truck back today. $315 to me, the balance to GM. 

98375638-EA46-4AEA-AB5A-6BA3BB653252.thumb.jpeg.0fd53f893cb5a08a36bb117e99d33cd2.jpeg

That is the newest version.  Jury is still out on if it’s a good enough fix.  We are all hoping so!

• Thanks 1