6.0L Muffler Swap

I swapped out the stock trash can with an Aero Turbine 3535XL muffler. I kept all the stock piping, even the tail section. It's a resonated muffler so I have zero drone on the freeway around 70-75. Probably one of the best sounding exhausts I've heard on a 6.0.

Never heard of this muffler... do you have sound clip?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/22/2017 at 9:15 AM, steinb3rg said:

Google Badlanzhpe . I purchased his 3.5" stainless kit, 2- 3.5" stainless band clamps, and just ordered the 3.5" turndown.

Sorry if you already answered this, but what muffler are you running on the quiet side?  Also, when the cut out is opened and the exhaust is dumping out pre-muffler, does any exhaust go through the muffler at all? Is the a valve that also shuts off flow to the muffler?

Edited by EZTundra77
Additional info requested

For guys wanting to install a muffler that isn't as offset as stock I built this pipe that gets rid of the factory drop down near that flange mount. It makes for a lot cleaner install instead of having your muffler sit and an angle. (I also went back to a stock muffler and have this left over for sale if anyone is interested)

20180814_164810.jpg

Edited by MNorby
too much bitching

8 minutes ago, SierraHD17 said:

I said that over a year ago lol. We just but the muffler in on an angle and it works fine.

That's great, someone else might come across this muffler thread and want to install their muffler straight and square though instead of angled as yours. 

• 3 months later...

Interesting ... muffler deletes and cutouts sound like crap ... unless you're 16 I guess. If you want a decent rumble without annoying noise look at Walker Quiet Flows, I put a couple on my 6.0, after trying magnaflow and then some dynomax turbos that got too loud, these are perfect at idle and accelerating .. very quiet at highway speeds.

I recently installed the American Thunder system on my 2017 2500hd and love the sound. It sounds even better with the mods I have made to the engine. On start up, you can definitely hear it, but once the idle settles, it does not wake the neighbors up. It sounds so mean when under throttle.

8 hours ago, Biggerdogg01 said:

I recently installed the American Thunder system on my 2017 2500hd and love the sound. It sounds even better with the mods I have made to the engine. On start up, you can definitely hear it, but once the idle settles, it does not wake the neighbors up. It sounds so mean when under throttle.

Drone at 40-80 mph? 

On 4/7/2019 at 11:26 PM, Biggerdogg01 said:

feel free to post a video clip thanks