Please post up pictures of you truck with 285/65/18"

I just bought a 2016 Silverado LT Z71, what's the biggest tires I can put on it without a lift of leveling kit? It has 18" wheels now.

The answer is in this thread...there is no need to go look at a chart. 285/65r18 will fit with minimal to no rub on a stock truck. It also is the largest you can go with no rub on a leveled truck although lots of people on tis forum will put larger on....that doesn't mean they fit though. There is one guy running 305/60r18 with no claimed rub.

It's all relative to height and offset IMO

this is a 285/70/17, Bilstein 5100 all around, 17x9 +6 wheel...no front on shot unfortunately.

Relative to what? Your truck looks stock height, just like my leveled truck does. These trucks come so low to the ground that putting a level and a couple of size larger tires on them just makes them look like a factory 4x4 package.

Edited by bcbz71

The answer is in this thread...there is no need to go look at a chart. 285/65r18 will fit with minimal to no rub on a stock truck. It also is the largest you can go with no rub on a leveled truck although lots of people on tis forum will put larger on....that doesn't mean they fit though. There is one guy running 305/60r18 with no claimed rub.

Relative to what? Your truck looks stock height, just like my leveled truck does. These trucks come so low to the ground that putting a level and a couple of size larger tires on them just makes them look like a factory 4x4 package.

You mentioned 285 doesn't look wide enough, it's relative to the trucks setup.

My trucks about 3.5" higher than stock, more noticeable in person. I agree these trucks are way too low in stock form, that's why I did the mods.

• 2 months later...

Just installed a set of 295/70r18 on stock rims on my 2017 silverado ltz. No rubing at all anywhere.

We would all like to believe you, but you would be the first ever to do that with a leveled truck. As a minimum, you are hitting the swaybar at full lock and most likely the UCAs too. Your liner is going to get wrecked too when you go over a bump at full lock.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, MIDNITEZ71 said:

i really like the looks and sits.whats your set up?

It has a 2” level in the front, 18x9 +12 offset Black Rhino “Lucerne” wheels. I removed the plastic from the front bumper and built the skidplate. It has the GM aluminum skidplates and the running boards are DeeZee NXT crew cab length.