Those with the RC 3.5" No Cut "Lift" Kit

Just picked up a 16 2500hd Crew 6.5 Bed.

Im 3" higher in the back stock.

Had my eye on:

http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-1959c.html

I'm assuming this kit raises the front 3.5ish and there is a 1.5 block for the back.

Seems like it would still have a good rake to it, I'm looking for level or .5" higher in back.

So those who installed this kit did you just leave out the rear block and adjust the front bars till level?

post-149736-0-53681800-1494958808_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have that same truck and just bought that same kit and have been wondering the same thing but haven't had time to install mine yet. I'm also very close to 3in. Lower in the front.

Just picked up a 16 2500hd Crew 6.5 Bed.

Im 3" higher in the back stock.

Had my eye on:

http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-1959c.html

I'm assuming this kit raises the front 3.5ish and there is a 1.5 block for the back.

Seems like it would still have a good rake to it, I'm looking for level or .5" higher in back.

So those who installed this kit did you just leave out the rear block and adjust the front bars till level?

attachicon.gif00g0g_8M3tkTdeNGI_600x450.jpg

I have the kit and its installed including the rear blocks, truck sits almost perfectly level maybe 1/2" higher in the rear but not noticeable.

I have the kit and its installed including the rear blocks, truck sits almost perfectly level maybe 1/2" higher in the rear but not noticeable.

How much rake did you have before the kit?

If I remember correctly it was 2 1/2" or 3" inches measured at the center of the wheel wells.

Front was 41" or 41 1/2"

Rear was 44".

Edited by Bgill

Finally installed mine starting numbers from the hub front 24.25in. Back 27.50in. After install front 27.75in. This number is before driving the truck and with no adjustments of the torsion bar bolts they were put back at stock positions. After settling the front was a whisker below 27in. So the rear blocks would not have been necessary for me to be level however others said they were mostly level with the blocks and I didn't want to worry about going in the shop later so we put them in anyway. The back after blocks was 29.0in. So now I have a truck still racked by 2in. not 3in. so I adjusted the front up to about 28in. So I'm within an inch and rake is not apparent. Not sure if a trucks measurement is different from truck to truck or if it's different with plow package like mine but this was my experience. I would have left the rear alone if I had known what would have happened with the blocks in.

That's what I was thinking, I'm pretty happy with the height of the rear but want to make up the 3" in the front. I'll probably just do the front and tweak the bars to make it level. Should help the ride and cv angles a little too not having to crank to 3.5". Are you happy with the kit? How's the ride quality?

Otherwise things seem fine. As for the ride a question a lot of people seem to ask I can say using relative terms it is not better but I'm hesitant to say it's worse I might say different but haven't put my finger on it. The quality is adequate in my mind I did buy mine on eBay it was called scratch and dent although I only found a small chip in the powder coat underneath one of the control arms it cost $450. If they gave me another $100 off I might put the giant rough country decal on my truck. Like other people say no free advertising here. Now these stock black wheels look small compounded by the stock size tires.

• 2 weeks later...

Otherwise things seem fine. As for the ride a question a lot of people seem to ask I can say using relative terms it is not better but I'm hesitant to say it's worse I might say different but haven't put my finger on it. The quality is adequate in my mind I did buy mine on eBay it was called scratch and dent although I only found a small chip in the powder coat underneath one of the control arms it cost $450. If they gave me another $100 off I might put the giant rough country decal on my truck. Like other people say no free advertising here. Now these stock black wheels look small compounded by the stock size tires.

Sorry I didn't reply to you in my thread.

Am I the only one who feels like my truck was shorter than other 2500's before this kit?

And now that it's installed I feel about the same height as other 2500's?

I'm thinking about purchasing this lift kit as well. Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm wondering what size tires are you'all running with these kits. Are you going stay with the factory stock tires & rims?

I'm thinking about purchasing this lift kit as well. Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm wondering what size tires are you'all running with these kits. Are you going stay with the factory stock tires & rims?

You can run 295/60/20 with stock rims.

I'm running 295/55/20 with 20x9 +0 offset XD wheels, no rubbing, scrubbing or mods required.

I gotcha', thanks! I was also wondering about stock 18 inch wheels. What would be the largest 18 inch tire you could install without rubbing. Have you had any problems with bump steer or vibrations after going over a speed bump at a faster than normal speed?

I gotcha', thanks! I was also wondering about stock 18 inch wheels. What would be the largest 18 inch tire you could install without rubbing. Have you had any problems with bump steer or vibrations after going over a speed bump at a faster than normal speed?

I would suggest you call RC or Custom Offsets for guidance with tire sizes with an 18" rim.

No issues with bump steer, vibrations etc but I generally keep it to around 10 mph over the posted limited since it'll never be comparable to a sports car.

pics before and after lift?

Scott

Gotta figure out how to reduce photos on my iPhone. Can anyone tell me the max photo size I haven't looked into it yet but I would like to post photos