In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
rackaddict82

Clattering/Rattling Sound when accelerating...

Nice rack hahahaha I hope the top teir 93 octane cures all ails

Yeah, I am shure that 91/93 will fix your problem. Let us know how it turns out. And if all is well then it will be time to get a Blackbear tune to unleash the potential of that 6.2

I have the same truck, same set-up. My truck made the same noise when I picked it up from the dealer. I figured they gave me 50$ of reg gas.... yep. Topped up the tank with 93 it got better instantly. Next fill -100%. I don't always get a chance to put 93 but no pinging with 91 Octane. It's a 6.2 lt. giver what she needs. Fyi - you'll likely get better gas mileage. Just FYI - I kicked a 5.0lt 2017 Ford last weekend and I was pulling a heavier boat. He put $60 regular and my 6.2 took $46 same distance.... he didn't talk much about his Ford rest of the weeken!!! I'm Actually impressed with the gas mileage for a 6.2. and It never stressed me out when I bought it.

Who buys / drives a new truck and then comments they can't afford the gas...??? Sorry had to be said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent! They are and have been only good to look at really....When it comes down to it, FERD's actually going to make yet ANOTHER V-8 because GM kicked their asses with the 6.2!

Well shoot rackaddict82 run a few tanks of 93 octane and see if the noise goes away to test the "Infidels" theory. I never ran anything but 93 octane in my 16 for over 19,000 miles and plan on doing the same for this 17 for however many miles I keep it. No strange detonation noises except one time when I had a hand held programmer on it. I of course removed the tune immediately. Are you using a tuner/programmer?

Oh and what kind of user name is rackaddict?

Some people might get the wrong idea there!!!!

busty-babes-flbp-26.jpg?w=500&h=375

I'm sorry, you were saying?

On 5/30/2017 at 10:37 AM, rackaddict82 said:

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra. 6.2L w/ Max Trailering pckg. The issue I'm having is when the truck is under power while I'm towing something or while going up a hill, I can hear like a clattering or rattling sound coming from underneath the firewall area. Once the vehicle down shifts and gets to a higher RPM it stops. It almost sounds like the old "pinging" noise from bad gasoline in older vehicles. It's driving me insane! I have tried to do a video/audio while it's happening but it doesn't turn out with my iPhone.

Did you ever figure out what caused this?  Had it happen today and it freaked me out. 

Did you ever figure out what caused this?  Had it happen today and it freaked me out. 

Yeah I started using 91/93 octane gasoline and it quieted down right away! Try that and let me know if it works for you too. Good luck man!

Pip5570 is also another solution.

What is PIP5570??