In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hey all, we're a local Chevy dealer with a strong ecommerce presence. We have the lowest prices on the Kicker subwoofer package for the 2014+ Silverado & Sierra Crew & Double/Extended Cab sizes. Installation does not require dealer install. it is a plug and play package. We have guaranteed low prices that shouldn't be beat!

GM offers a few versions of these units:

-Double Cab and Crew Cab models have different parts numbers

-GM offers just a sub upgrade, or the sub upgrade plus amplifier on the door speakers.

*The standard Sub upgrade works with the Bose system.

*The kit including Sub plus Amp on the door speakers will NOT work with Bose systems.

For a price, please send us a message with your body style truck, and which kit you would be interested in plus your Zip Code for shipping.

Everything is in stock ready to ship.

Forum members will find that our prices on all GM accessories will be hard to beat.

Please message me with any questions on this or any other accessory you may need for your truck.

*** Currently running a little bit of a deeper discount on the crew cab models, with just the sub upgrade. Buy cheap, sell cheap is the name of the game ***

Forum19303118.jpg

Forum19303118.jpg

Forum19303118.jpg

Forum19303118.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do you have a picture installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a picture installed

Look online. Sub goes under passenger back seat. Amp goes under steering wheel

• Like 1

I got mine about year ago for 847 from a chevy dealer online. sub and amp for double cab.

• Like 1

I got mine about year ago for 847 from a chevy dealer online. sub and amp for double cab.

I just don't know if it's worth it. Even $500 would be steep for such a small gain. There are a plethora of resources for amps and subs out there that sound just as good or better for such a reasonable price. I bought a kicker kit from Walmart, premade box and speaker installed, came with a 400 watt amp and all the wiring for $230! And that thing thumps!

I bought it because it integrated into the wiring harness without hacking it up. and i didnt have to figure out a sub box and how to mount it. yes i paid for convience and thats what i wanted. have you seen how much crutchfield charges for it? you would think 850 is a bargan.

Edited by ericw
  • Like 1

Is this really something that is needed if you have the 7 speaker Bose system? My truck is on order and due in this week. I have a 10 speaker RF system in my Titan.....

The smaller bose sub leaves a lot to be desired.

The smaller bose sub leaves a lot to be desired.

Well fudge.....

• Like 1

Is this really something that is needed if you have the 7 speaker Bose system? My truck is on order and due in this week. I have a 10 speaker RF system in my Titan.....

Love my Bose in my CC, more than enough bass, could it be improved .. always. But I not 18 anymore and I think I half deaf from my previous sound systems anyway! :(

• Like 2

Love my Bose in my CC, more than enough bass, could it be improved .. always. But I not 18 anymore and I think I half deaf from my previous sound systems anyway! :(

Thanks......just what I wanted to hear! :thumbs:

Thanks......just what I wanted to hear! :thumbs:

Bose sucks.

I got my Kicker PowerStage as a signing incentive for free

Bose sucks.

I got my Kicker PowerStage as a signing incentive for free

Actually the Bose system is pretty bad ass. We are talking about factory vehicle configurations here. Sure it doesn't compare to what can be done. But stock to stock on other manufacturers, i'd be hard pressed to think of one that outperforms it.

Edited by Justin101714
  • Like 1

Actually the Bose system is pretty bad ass. We are talking about factory vehicle configurations here. Sure it doesn't compare to what can be done. But stock to stock on other manufacturers, i'd be hard pressed to think of one that outperforms it.

I just don't know if it's worth it. Even $500 would be steep for such a small gain. There are a plethora of resources for amps and subs out there that sound just as good or better for such a reasonable price. I bought a kicker kit from Walmart, premade box and speaker installed, came with a 400 watt amp and all the wiring for $230! And that thing thumps!

Sorry looked like we weren't talking about factory configurations.

Bose is a terrible setup compared to European cars. Harman Kardon or Bang & Olufsen easily out perform any stock to stock comparison between automobile manufacturers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jshrubs
      Figured I'd start this thread as a place holder for now. Will add mods as I go.
      My truck is a 2016 4.3 Chevrolet Silverado regular cab standard box 4x4. Purchased in June of 2019.
      Since then, I have added:
      -Folding tonneau cover                                                  -catch can          
      -tinted windows                                                              -removed lower portion of valance
      -black plastidip lettering                                                -red tow hooks
      -painted mirror caps                                                       -light smoke on tail lights
      -aftermarket air filter

Future plans include:
      -2 inch level                                                                      -33 inch tires
      -Black bear tune                                                              -Colour matched bumpers/handles
      -Airaid MIT                                                                        -Tint front turn signals
      -Throttle controller                                                          -Rear wheel well liners
      -Upgrade to 8 inch oem stereo                                     -D5S 35w Hids

How it sat when I got it:

• By Lsxtrucker
      So some of you are probably aware I had a little "incident" requiring me to replace both hood lift spring hinges and the hood hinge supports on both sides. I'm just wondering what order you would assemble it to prevent any further headaches or injury. 

So far I've marked with a sharpie where the hood hinge supports attach to my hood (three bolts each side) so it'll line up  near where it belongs. 

I was planning on removing the one bolt and nut on each side of the hood near the windshield cowl that holds the hood to the truck. Then having a neighbor help me lift off the hood I will flip it over and install my new hood hinge supports (three bolts each side)

I'm wondering should I wait until the hood hinge supports and hood itself are installed before installing the hood hinge that contains the spring (and lifts the hood) on each side? Or when the hood is off should I install the hood spring hinges?

My theory would be it might be easier to install the hood without the hood spring assemblies installed yet so it could sit flat instead of in a lifted position. But I very well could be wrong

The other option would be to install the hood spring assembly on each side while the hood is off (but would require my helper and I to lift the hood on in a raised position, then attach the hood hinges with the springs to the hood hinge supports in a "hood raised" position. 

I want to prevent a mistake or any major problem from doing this incorrectly. Also do you know if the hood hinges with the springs attach with the bolt side in or the nut side in?

If anyone has access to information that says how this is supposed to be done and would share an image it would be greatly appreciated. If not, what order would you go about doing this? Hood hinge supports first (with the one bolt on each cowl side going in first, then lift hood to install spring assemblies, or install spring assemblies whole the hood is off or do I have this all wrong. Hopefully I made sense out of this because the parts come tomorrow. 

Thanks very much. 
    • By Zane
      I recently installed the upgraded digital dash in our LTZ that did not have it thanks to White Automotive and Media Services.  The process turned out to be quite a bit more daunting than I had expected. I had found a few posts (here and another better start here) that talked about upgrading the gauge cluster, however I could not find any specific step by step instructions to gain access. 

Here's the obligatory "After" photo showing our new gauge cluster!

With plenty of reasons for everyone to access the radio, center console, and gauge cluster, I thought a step by step tutorial would make the project immensely easier for anyone willing to do it. And trust me, If I can do it, you can do it. 

This "How To" is a work in progress I just wanted to get it out the before it's fully complete for anyone who wants to do this or has been struggling with how to get the specific trim pieces that are required off. 

I plan to do this entire process again in the near future so I can create a video showing this process and take additional photographs to fill in what I missed the first time. 

LAST UPDATE: Feb 21st, 2020

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tools needed
      7mm socket with 6 inch extension & ⅜ ratchet , plastic interior trim removal tools, T15 Torx bit

Plastic Interior Trim Removal Tools are absolutely necessary. Using metal tools or screw drivers will 100% damage your interior!

We used this kit from Amazon that costs around $16.  <------ This is not a referral link. Just being helpful and showing as an example. 

Prepare by cleaning out center console, cup holders, charging area, side console storage areas, and by moving the front driver/passenger seats backwards. 
      Using towels, create a soft area to store interior pieces during work

The Steps

Pry infotainment decorative chrome/painted trim away, starting at the bottom around the HVAC vents on each side, then the top. 
      Remove square access cover directly next to the accelerator pedal.  Remove the 7mm screw under the decorative cover. 
      Place fingers in drivers side footwell console storage area and use moderate force to pull the side of the center console away.  You do not have the totally remove the panel. There are approximately 8 clips to pull loose towards the top and front of the panel.  Do the same on the passenger side, however there is no screw to remove before the panel will snap out. There are approximately 8 clips to pull loose. You do not have to totally remove the panel.  With the center console lid open, use a pry tool to pop the clips holding the top of the center console area to the center console assembly.  Pull up and disconnect approximately 10 clips around the cup holders, charging pad and/or storage pad area  and up to directly below the radio/climate controls. Do not yank the trim too far away, there are wires connected to the bottom of this trim piece.  Gently position the tray as far rearward as possible without removing the wires, or gently remove the wire connectors and place the console on your soft area.  Using a pry tool, remove the thin, curved piece of trim directly under the USB/12V/120V Trailer Brake Controls. There are five clips to remove, each releasing directly towards the rear of the vehicle, parallel to the floor of the vehicle. Release  two clips on each side then pull gently to remove the center clip.
      Positi on console tray (if still attached) to remove two T15 screws at bottom of infotainment/climate control unit.  Unscrew top four T15 screws holding infotainment/climate control in place at top of unit.  Using pry bar, pull infotainment unit away, releasing approximately 8 clips around the unit. Use caution, HVAC ducting will come out with the unit, so only pull directly out.  Disconnect Unit or lean out to continue on for access to gauge cluster. 
      Using a plastic pry tool, release the leather infotainment trim, but only along the side of the cluster.  Using a plastic pry tool, remove the leather gauge cluster hood. The approximately 6 clips are released pulling straight up.  Remove the fuse access panel on the driver’s side door opening.  Using a T15 bit, remove the two screws holding the Light Control / 4X4 Switch unit in place.  Using a pry tool, pull the Light Control / 4X4 Switch unit directly away from the dash. There are approximately 8 clips holding it in place. 
      Unscrew three 7mm screws holding the front cluster trim piece in place.  Using your hands, pry the cluster trim piece away from behind the steering wheel, including the trim piece on the top of the steering wheel column that is attached. 
      Remove four 7mm screws holding gauge cluster in place. 
      For 2019 trucks, slide red locking tab and lift cam lock to remove cluster harness. 
      Reverse steps to reassemble.   

Please comment with any suggestions, edits, or comments. I'd like this to be as helpful as possible. 

• By Doonatic
      Hey guys,

As some of you know I have asked a few questions before. So you will know I have had my truck for MANY years. So here it goes.

When I lived in Tx, I bought a lifetime alignment (7 years ago). (Truck is lifted, so I know I would be doing this frequently.) Since I have moved back to Az (3 yrs ago), I have taken my truck in 3 times now, and they “say” they can not align my front end properly for whatever excuse they always give (alignment rack to small, techs capability is not advanced enough, you name it). Regardless the place I would take it in Waco could. In 2 years I have gone through a set of tires that I normally get 50-60k out of. 

So the store has suggested “new camber bolts” in the UCA frame mounts. Seems like they are just fishing to make some money, since they are losing it from a lifetime alignment. 

Has anyone ever changed they camber bolts on the UCA so they don’t “drift” during normal driving. I have found a couple replacements on line, but they dont look as if they have any more adjustment than that of the stock camber bolts. If so, what have you gone with?

Side note:  UCAs, Tie Rods, ball joints, and hub/bearing assemblies and tires have all been changed to aftermarket.  Also installed a “beefier” idle/pitman arm brackets to prevent wear on steering. Also adjusting the torsion bars higher, could also prevent the vehicle from proper alignment. However, RCD Lifts claim that is not a requirement for their lift kit. Lift kit installed on truck prior to my purchasing 13 years ago.