AC Delco filters suck

13,500 miles, third oil change. Every time these crappy little filters either leak at the o ring, or won't come off when tightened enough to not leak. Oil filter land looks perfect, no scratches or mars, it's these shitty little filters. What are others using? Totally fed up with bull shit oil changes already on this truck, something has to change. Yeah, I already know you have used these filters for ever with no problem, don't even go there. They suck.

Edited by gearheadesw

13,500 miles, third oil change. Every time these crappy little filters either leak at the o ring, or won't come off when tightened enough to not leak. Oil filter land looks perfect, no scratches or mars, it's these shitty little filters. What are others using? Totally fed up with bull shit oil changes already on this truck, something has to change. Yeah, I already know you have used these filters for ever with no problem, don't even go there. They suck.

Umm sure man.... I've never seen a leaky delco filter and we do 20 changes a day at our work.

You got something else going on.

• Like 1

When I do my toys I use wix, amsoil, my GM under warranty at the dealership never had any problem with crappy little filters they use. The only filters I definitely wouldn't use is Fram.

• Like 2

As others said you have something else going on, are you sure the rubber o-ring from the other filter is not stuck to the base? I have seen this happen and leak like crazy. I have never seen a AC oil filter leak check and see if the other o-ring from the removed oil filter is stuck on the oil filter housing. Also rub some oil around the rubber gasket when putting on the new filter, it helps getting a proper seal on any type of filter you put on. And check if the new filter rubber gasket is properly inside the filter.

Edited by Silverado4x4

I always wipe off the filter land and inspect. No apparent flaws of blemishes. The o ring is not on the filter land. I tighten as tight as I can by hand, then one quarter turn more with wrench. The blue filters are not leaking an enormous amount, just drips down the side, still leaking though. The main reason I'm using these filters is you guys, I have read that the GM brand does great on GM. I have done thousands of oil changes on cars, trucks, bikes, 4 wheelers, lawn mowers, and have never had three consecutive leaks, never.

Rant over, I was pissed climbing out from under the truck three times in a row with filter issues. No offense intended, just will switch brands.

NEVER use a wrench to tighten an oil filter, NEVER. That's your problem, you are distorting the filter by over-tightening. Install till gasket contacts base plate, then +3/4 turn by hand.

Someone who has done 1,000's of oil changes should know to never use a wrench to install a oil filter. Not only can that distort the gasket, it can distort the filter assembly.

Edited by elcamino

NEVER use a wrench to tighten an oil filter, NEVER. That's your problem, you are distorting the filter by over-tightening. Install till gasket contacts base plate, then +3/4 turn by hand.

Someone who has done 1,000's of oil changes should know to never use a wrench to install a oil filter. Not only can that distort the gasket, it can distort the filter assembly.

Hahaha... No kidding right? It's user error but im gonna blame shitty filters lol