New 8 speed software update?

My dealer says. Never heard of a transmission needing reprogrammed. I said it's for the shift pattern.

Dealer says idk.

I said guess I need a new dealer.

He said don't be a smart ass.

I said maybe you should know your product.

I hung up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The new programming has a new set of shift parameters according to them. The relearning is how the trans adapts to your driving style...hard accelerator or not etc.

Time will tell. I only drove it 25 miles home.

Mine was smoother on my drive from dealership, hope they did the quick relearn so it got rid of the history. Mine was improved right away and still is. If it doesnt get better soon you could either take it back or unhook battery for a while and that should reset trans history.

Some trucks may be different, who knows.

My dealer says. Never heard of a transmission needing reprogrammed. I said it's for the shift pattern.

Dealer says idk.

I said guess I need a new dealer.

He said don't be a smart ass.

I said maybe you should know your product.

I hung up.

If you give them this tsb #16-NA-411 , they should be able to find it. If he still cant, then he road the short bus to school for sure.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this, OP. My new wheels and tires get here tomorrow, and after putting them on I'm going to be making a dealer appt to get this done to my trans, the speedo calibrated, and my shifty seat fixed.

Just a FYI, the dealer cant calibrate your speedo for new tire. It is not possible thru the dealer/GM at all. The trucks all use the same overall tire height in the OEM calibration to calibrate the speedo. If you are using non OEM tire sizes then either be OK with the speedo being off or OK with the fact you will need a custom calibration to fix your speedo.

Wanted a second opinion: Does this apply to the 8 speed in the 5.3L as well, I was hoping so as my truck has the same symptoms as reported here, but my dealer says it does not. I have a 2017 gmc 5.3L.

Edited by DrIYankem

On cold start mind jerks when accelerator barley touched in reverse and seems to lunge and jerk in drive for first 100 ft. Hate it

I think you and I may have a similar issue. There was another fix for early morning jerkiness esp from rev to drive. It had to do with fluid not being where it needed to be after sitting and therefore slow pressure build up. I think they had to pull the tranny and put in a check valve or something. Not worth it for me.

Edited by DAY11

Thanks for the response. I have had it back to the service dept. a couple times. Same respose. They acknowlege that there is some issue but say, "gm hasn't came out with a fix yet."

Edited by DrIYankem
  • Like 1

I think you and I may have a similar issue. There was another fix for early morning jerkiness esp from rev to drive. It had to do with fluid not being where it needed to be after sitting and therefore slow pressure build up. I think they had to pull the tranny and put in a check valve or something. Not worth it for me.

Im not sure but you may be talking about replacing the stator assembly. I also had that done a few months ago and trans flush with fluid replacement and it improved but came back and a little worse the second time. I will see if I can find that tsb and post it, but I think at the time it didnt apply to 2017 either. I would think if the issue was the same it would still work.

Here is the page I found ysb about the stator.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/knowledgebase/article/2016-corvette-service-bulletin-delayed-engagement-after-sitting-with-engine-off-1275.html

Edited by MrNasty

Mine is scheduled to go in this Thursday , I gave my salesman a long list of the characteristics of mine and also gave him a screen shot of the TSB that was posted earlier in this thread. He didn't say yay or nay on it but just said they would get it fixed. So we will see I guess when they get through.

Can someone resend the TSB that was seen early on on this thread. Not sure why but I can't see it.

My 2017 Denali has 1300 miles on it we were driving in a 180 mile trip. We were on the highway doing 75-80 for two hours. We slowed to exit off at our exit when the truck downshifted I actually thought I dropped the transmission. My wife said "what the hell was that". I said it was the tranmisssion downshifted. She said 6 years in the tundra and I never felt anything like that. Needless to say i think I better have it checked. When it is cold the shifting is rough as well as when moving from v4 back to v8. Hopefully the software upgrade will resolve the issues