Brand New TO GMC, brand new to the forum - Any advice - I will take it

Hello All - I am new to GMC. This is the first GMC truck I have ever owned (Purchased 3 days ago) 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali. 6.2L 8 (speed transmission) , which after reading the forum has me very very concerned. Hopefully I will not have any issues.

I would very much appreciate any words, of wisdom, advice, recommendations, etc.

I did purchase the 120k 7yr additional warranty, hopefully that was not a mistake (paid 2k) I have 4 weeks to cancel if I think that is the way to go

Been a toyota tundra guy for the last 10 years and decided to make the switch.....

Thank you all.

Frank

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello All - I am new to GMC. This is the first GMC truck I have ever owned (Purchased 3 days ago) 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali. 6.2L 8 (speed transmission) , which after reading the forum has me very very concerned. Hopefully I will not have any issues.

I would very much appreciate any words, of wisdom, advice, recommendations, etc.

I did purchase the 120k 7yr additional warranty, hopefully that was not a mistake (paid 2k) I have 4 weeks to cancel if I think that is the way to go

Been a toyota tundra guy for the last 10 years and decided to make the switch.....

Thank you all.

Frank

ur smart for getting the 6.2. drive it around at all speeds u plan to drive (i say up to ~90) and make sure u dont have the shake, if u do, go use that warranty.

hope u enjoy the new truck!!

"...after reading the forum has me very very concerned. Hopefully I will not have any issues."

I don't think this is uncommon, I wouldn't let it worry you. Forums tend to be unrepresentative of actual conditions as it's more likely that people with problems or concerns will post seeking help than those with purely positive feedback.

I had a slight vibration at 60-70mph. Very consistent, it felt like a tire was not balanced correctly. Brought it in they did a "forced balancing" not sure exactly how that works but as I understand, it balances the tire as if it were under the actual driving condition. Right rear tire was "way out" is what they said. Never felt it again.

I am assuming when you state "the shake" it is significant and I would have felt it by now.

Thanks again

Welcome! Drive it and enjoy it! Don't let the stories psych you out of enjoying your truck. We are a small number in reality of the amount of owners of these trucks. GM builds near 1 million Silverado/Sierra truck EACH year.

Welcome,

Call your local PPF/clear bra installer and set an appointment this ASAP! I PPF'ed my entire front section full hood and fenders along with front bumper, well worth the extra money. All manufactures paint is soft and chips due to rocks, going on over a year now with my PPF it has been fantastic no chips on my truck. My truck has been butter smooth at all speeds running on factory goodyears, the 8 speed got a software update 2 months it's much improved the v4 to v8 coming to a stop pulse/bucking.

Recommend getting some GM floor liners, or aftermarket equivalents, aka Husky, Weather Tech... little lite reading = http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/184854-new-gmc-floor-mats-2016-these-are-real-nice/

here are some pics from the thread of my truck,

18d2b097ecf4b7d20ce2a37d031a2b1b.jpg

cc7070c32a7c4a5cf6be4252a1b64f0d.jpg

0a6c96fce403bde3d1f0771a2c9e3629.jpg

e101c8d39255a0240bbd443e77597cfe.jpg

Hey fellow 17 Denali owner here.....congrats on the truck. I do have a little 6.2 envy, but you are in a good place. I've had mind since January and had ZERO problems. Not to diminish the guys who have had problems, but in my case nobody builds a better truck than GM. I've had a Tundra, a slew of F-150's and you have better than a 99% chance of having a great truck. Enjoy and don't read the scary stuff on the forums. Enjoy that truck! :thumbs:

Welcome to GMC and this forum. I truly enjoy being a member of this forum! Nothing I have read here takes away from the enjoyment that I get from my truck! Your chances are close to excellent that you will have a problem free truck for many years. If you have a problem, it will most likely appear during your bumper to bumper warranty period. Your extended warranty will give you peace of mind. I personally don't buy extended warranties on vehicles but I make sure every hiccup is reported and/or fixed during the standard warranty period. So far I'm ahead by a lot!

Best piece of advice is if you want to enjoy your truck, stay off of forums. Plenty of chicken littles around to take the air out of your sails. Enjoy your truck and should you encounter an issue, that's why you have the warranty.

Welcome! Don't let the bad stories worry you. The vast majority of us have problem free trucks. As with any manufacturer there are some that will have problems, but that's what warranty is for. Enjoy the truck!

I have a '17 SLT 6.2, have had a few minor problems. I absolutely love my truck, am just shy of 14,000mi

My mother has a '17 Denali Ultimate 6.2, other than a rebalance of tires (which was done prior to delivery) no issues to report

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your new truck.

Hey fellow 17 Denali owner here.....congrats on the truck. I do have a little 6.2 envy, but you are in a good place. I've had mind since January and had ZERO problems. Not to diminish the guys who have had problems, but in my case nobody builds a better truck than GM. I've had a Tundra, a slew of F-150's and you have better than a 99% chance of having a great truck. Enjoy and don't read the scary stuff on the forums. Enjoy that truck! :thumbs:

Very well said!

Welcome to the organization! Stay off these forums as you will get ideas for millions of mods to do to your new truck. Enjoy your truck and post some pics.

Welcome to the organization! Stay off these forums as you will get ideas for millions of mods to do to your new truck. Enjoy your truck and post some pics.

Welcome

Yea these forums get expensive lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived