Automatic Car Washes

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had two black vehicles in a row, and took them through a blue wave car wash near me with good results. I'm on a wash program and own 5 cars. When it cools down I use spray wax once a year never a problem. As far as a mudded up truck trying to gain entry they wouldn't allow it. Those people need to use to a little common sense and go to a high pressure self car wash to spray off first. The paint they save will be their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the guy who used to be detailer, what products would you recommend when doing routine detail (clay bar, wax, wheels & rims cleaner)? Obviously products that are accessible in the retailer stores around town.

Thanks againn

Most shops that detail don't buy off-the-shelf stuff.

The only thing we bought that anyone could get locally was Tuff Stuff aerosol fabric cleaner for headliners. Everything else (shampoo, glass cleaner, degreaser, tire dressing, vinyl dressing, etc.) was bought in the 55-gallon drum from a dealer. Even our polishes were bought in bulk 5-gallon buckets.

The guy who sold it was like the Snap-on dealer for car detailing businesses...big truck, had all the stuff for detailing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Most of you will cringe...

I rarely wash my truck (maybe four or five times a year), it's been hand waxed once since I bought it new in 2012. I have a 24 foot fiberglass camper which requires washing with a soap/wax for gel coats...when I'm done washing the camper exterior, I wash the truck with the same stuff and the same bucket...a bucket of soap/water and a soft exterior brush on a long handle.

I have more things to worry about than whether the truck looks like it is fresh off the showroom floor when I know I will be sending it down the road. I use to, life dictates otherwise...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I could do better but I'm six decades old and still learning like a baby. Home pressure wash. Foam canon. Hand wash. If it's a total wreck or mid winter I go to the coin op hand wash off hours and my own bucket/mitt/etc. I quit going to touchless. I spend seven dollars to get the truck wet then wax the dirt in and I have to do it over when I get home? No thanks. They just don't clean anything. Touch washes? Why would I want the last guys sand and cinder filled brush/pads rubbing all over my truck? You can't hide nothin' on a red :chevrolet: truck.

I don't begin to have time to handwash our vehicles. I used to use the touchless ones but they don't get things very clean.

I switched to the touchy ones and it gets a lot cleaner. I know a guy with a fire engine red F150 who goes through multiple times per week. Truck is 4 or 5 years old (at least) and still looks brand new.

I'll take my chances with mine.

Maybe I go to some kind of advance blue wave car wash. The cloth spinning pads have water running over them between cars. Never had scratches from them. My daily driver is white now less of a concern.

Maybe I go to some kind of advance blue wave car wash. The cloth spinning pads have water running over them between cars. Never had scratches from them. My daily driver is white now less of a concern.

Last line pretty much says what needs saying. Everyone has their own standard they judge against. What is good for one is 'not so much' for others. I'm an OCD nightmare. It's never good enough. :banghead:

I can relate to the OCD nightmare, after 3 dark rides in a row, my DD is white.

Last line pretty much says what needs saying. Everyone has their own standard they judge against. What is good for one is 'not so much' for others. I'm an OCD nightmare. It's never good enough. :banghead:

I don't begin to have time to handwash our vehicles. I used to use the touchless ones but they don't get things very clean.

I switched to the touchy ones and it gets a lot cleaner. I know a guy with a fire engine red F150 who goes through multiple times per week. Truck is 4 or 5 years old (at least) and still looks brand new.

I'll take my chances with mine.

Lol.

Archived