In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
TomN

Anzo 111369 U-Bar Headlights

Has anybody ordered these yet? I just saw them listed as a new product on the Anzo website. They sell two versions: white U-Bar DRL and white/amber switchback U-Bar DRL.

These are the best looking aftermarket headlights I've seen besides the oem 2017 headlights. It says they fit in 2014-2017 Sierras.

If anyone has installed them, does the U-Bar come on as the DRL, or does the headlight bulb have to be on?

post-171520-0-15398300-1499256118_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Anzo headlights get terrible light output reviews and more often then not the quality is sub par. Lots of complaints about condensation and the plastic lens flaking.

They look good, don't get me wrong there, but Anzo and product longevity rarely are in the same sentence.

Just my two cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anzo headlights get terrible light output reviews and more often then not the quality is sub par. Lots of complaints about condensation and the plastic lens flaking.

They look good, don't get me wrong there, but Anzo and product longevity rarely are in the same sentence.

Just my two cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valid point. I've never put in a set of aftermarket headlights so I can't give my opinion on the quality of the Anzo lights. That's what I was looking for here.

I did find a F150 forum topic on a similar set of Anzo lights that has 430 pages. Common consensus over there is that the housing build quality is good, but the connectors seem to be cheaper than the OEM connectors. Also, most of the guys who purchased the Anso lights replaced the included halogen H7 bulb with LED bulbs, aimed the headlights properly, and were satisfied with the output. I went through about 20 pages of the thread and didn't see any of the issues you described. Maybe that was with the older CCFL/Halo style Anzo lights?

I have noticed since I've owned my 2014 Sierra (only a few months) that the low-beams don't seem to be as bright as previous vehicles I've driven and the high-beams aren't much of a help. I replaced the stock halogen lights with LED which did help, but this new U bar Anzo design looks really really good. It seems like a good alternative to buying the stock 2017 headlights for $800+ on top of new harnesses for around $200.

I have a friend who has a dealer account with an offroad company. If he can get the Anzos for a good price I may give them a shot.

I do not have the Anzo headlights for a GMC but I do I have the 111309 for the silverado. I actually had the opposite of what waterfowler41 mentioned. My oem reflector headlights had horrible light output, condensations issues and the chrome was pitting/peeling. Mind you this was less then a year old and the truck was built in Mexico and sold in San Francisco and lives in San Francisco....no snow, no hail! I have had zero issues with my Anzos in two years but I also never used the "known" worthless Halogen bulb that came with it. I installed a Morimoto HID kit at the same time and adjusted the headlights. They blow my old oem headlights out of the water. I plan on swapping the projectors eventually for better light out put. I apparently have been lucky though. I have heard other people having issues with them. So I have my fingers crossed. All I know is now I can see around a corner when I turn and I could not before with the oem light housing even after swapping bulbs.

Edited by Alexantics

I do not have the Anzo headlights for a GMC but I do I have the 111309 for the silverado. I actually had the opposite of what waterfowler41 mentioned. My oem reflector headlights had horrible light output, condensations issues and the chrome was pitting/peeling. Mind you this was less then a year old and the truck was built in Mexico and sold in San Francisco and lives in San Francisco....no snow, no hail! I have had zero issues with my Anzos in two years but I also never used the "known" worthless Halogen bulb that came with it. I installed a Morimoto HID kit at the same time and adjusted the headlights. They blow my old oem headlights out of the water. I plan on swapping the projectors eventually for better light out put. I apparently have been lucky though. I have heard other people having issues with them. So I have my fingers crossed. All I know is now I can see around a corner when I turn and I could not before with the oem light housing even after swapping bulbs.

What kind of issues have you heard of other people having with the Anzo lights? How long have you had yours installed? Any lens yellowing/other signs of aging?

What kind of issues have you heard of other people having with the Anzo lights? How long have you had yours installed? Any lens yellowing/other signs of aging?

I have had mine on the truck for almost two years. I have no discoloration, no fading, pitting or peeling. I think I remember someone on the forum saying they had condensation issues but then again myself and many others had this issue with the stock OEM GM headlights as well as piss poor light output. *there is a lawsuit about this*

As others have stated about the aftermarket headlights you have to install HID or LED bulbs. The bulbs supplied with them are garbage! The Projectors that come on the anzo headlights are a mixed bag. some come with your ultra low end acme H1 projectors and others will come with complete garbage projectors. Keep in mind that ANZO headlights are made by EagleEyes. They make good replacement headlights its just never the high quality like some OEM parts. I have had so many issues with my GM truck that I can not speak highly of their OEM parts so after market it is for me! Like I mentioned before I plan on doing a projector swap eventually because I can never leave anything alone.

If you have a connection to get them I would totally give them a try and if you do not like them return them!

ps. Make sure if you order the HID or LED kit you get H7 bulbs!

we have sold 100's of Anzo's products and with the exception of 2 times (items arrived misboxed) we've never had a complaint

• Like 1

for those interested anzo also now makes headlights for 16+ silverados in numerous versions

Any idea if these work with the 2014 headlights that don't have the factory DRL, such as the SLE versions?

According to Anzos web site it says they fits all 2014-2017 1500 sierras.

http://www.anzousa.com/gmc-sierra-14-17-projector-headlight-plank-style-black-w-drl.html

They also have a switch back version!

http://www.anzousa.com/gmc-sierra-14-17-projector-headlight-switchbacks-black-w-drl.html

Any idea if these work with the 2014 headlights that don't have the factory DRL, such as the SLE versions?

They work with all versions supposedly. The U bar functions as a parking light

No offense if you REALLY like these but honestly they look like ass. Additionally every aftermarket headlight I've ever seen has had TERRIBLE light output. IMHO you would be better off to look at doing a retrofit to an FXR projector and install an HID kit...

http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=fxr%5Fretrofit%2Dkit

No offense if you REALLY like these but honestly they look like ass. Additionally every aftermarket headlight I've ever seen has had TERRIBLE light output. IMHO you would be better off to look at doing a retrofit to an FXR projector and install an HID kit...

http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=fxr%5Fretrofit%2Dkit

They look very similar to the 2016 GMC Sierras, very simple design. Just a projector and U DRL just like the OEM lights on the newer trucks. Unless you don't like the look of the newer truck lights. Just a nice alternative for those who don't want to spend double the amount on a set of OEM lights IMO

post-171520-0-35231100-1500667360_thumb.png

Edited by TomN