Goodyear LS-2 or Continental Cross-contact's

Okay so I trying to track down a vibration at 68-75 mph (no I'm serious) the dealer has already did the road force and force match process and it is better, but not right. Currently my truck has Goodyear LS-2's on it. The dealer has a set of the same rims but with Continental crosscontact tires on them. I watch them upgrade a Tahoe to 22's. the Tahoe has the same NHT towing package and the tires are rated the same in all respects. The dealer said If they try those and I like the ride better we can keep them on the truck and basically do a swap. since my truck has very low miles.

I did notice that the vehicles on his lot with higher stock numbers (newer ones) have continentals and the older stock numbers have Goodyears ls-2s. So why did GM change their tire supplier for these size rims (275/55/20)

Question is which do you like best Goodyear or continental, and why? the Tire rack compare feature slams the goodyears and says good things about the continentals.

I rode the goodyears for 40k and then replaced with Michelin. Worlds better. I don't slide around in the rain any more (even though that was kinda fun every once in a while) :)

I rode the goodyears for 40k and then replaced with Michelin. Worlds better. I don't slide around in the rain any more (even though that was kinda fun every once in a while) :)

Exactly....LS-2 Goodyears or Goodyears for that matter are straight dangerous when wet! IMO...

I didn't have the LS-2's on my truck but I have had the CrossContact LX20's on for 23,000 miles. They have been great tires -- smooth ride, quiet, great wet traction. I have also used them in the snow with no problems.

Okay so I trying to track down a vibration at 68-75 mph (no I'm serious) the dealer has already did the road force and force match process and it is better, but not right. Currently my truck has Goodyear LS-2's on it. The dealer has a set of the same rims but with Continental crosscontact tires on them. I watch them upgrade a Tahoe to 22's. the Tahoe has the same NHT towing package and the tires are rated the same in all respects. The dealer said If they try those and I like the ride better we can keep them on the truck and basically do a swap. since my truck has very low miles.

I did notice that the vehicles on his lot with higher stock numbers (newer ones) have continentals and the older stock numbers have Goodyears ls-2s. So why did GM change their tire supplier for these size rims (275/55/20)

Question is which do you like best Goodyear or continental, and why? the Tire rack compare feature slams the goodyears and says good things about the continentals.

For purchases like this I lean on Consumer Reports a lot more than user reports. Users sometimes have hidden (paid) agendas, aren't equipped to do independent testing, and sometimes just aren't very smart.

If its my money buying the tires, neither one would be considered. I have the Goodyears on my 15 and all I can say for them is they are round for the most part and hold air. Thinking about it, a basketball fits that description as well....

Since its no money out of your pocket, give them a try. The worst thing that can happen is it shakes the same or more than it does right now.

I drove the truck today with continentals on it. Vibration seemed to be gone. It was raining this morning when I went in to have them changed, and I did notice some spinning tires going around corners(not getting on it) I now have the continentals on it so I think I'm staying with them for now.

I drove the truck today with continentals on it. Vibration seemed to be gone. It was raining this morning when I went in to have them changed, and I did notice some spinning tires going around corners(not getting on it) I now have the continentals on it so I think I'm staying with them for now.

I have seen those tires being used much more lately on makes and models. My wife has them and I never had an issue on passenger car. I have had issues with Goodyears on passenger cars and trucks...They are absolute garbage death tires!

Archived