you need to have the front Cross member TIGHTENED.......GM DOCUMENT #4645801

Could find no info on this document. Any link ?

Could find no info on this document. Any link ?

That is the GM# on their documents? I had the clunk when backing or reversing with steering wheel completely turned. It took the knuckleheads a couple complaints to finally fix it.....well it has not done it since but we shall see.

you need to have the front Cross member TIGHTENED.......GM DOCUMENT #4645801

Is there a sheet with instructions for this? I found PIT 5533, is that the same thing? A google search of GM 4645801 brings up nothing but a single link to PIT 5533 which won't allow you to see it unless you are a subscriber.

That is the GM# on their documents? I had the clunk when backing or reversing with steering wheel completely turned. It took the knuckleheads a couple complaints to finally fix it.....well it has not done it since but we shall see.

Did they say what the problem was that they found? I'm taking mine in next week when they have a loaner for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, the cross member. Got previous comments mixed up.

• Like 1

Anyone know the torque spec on the cross member. Mine is making the same bump noise when I cross a slow left hand turn over a rise when I leave my neighborhood just about every time.

Mine ended up being a loose body mount

• Like 1

Ok, good to know and glad it got fixed! Body mount huh? Strange........

Yep, so far no noise. They said it probably came from the factory like that. I've only got 3,500 miles on the truck.

Ok, good to know and glad it got fixed! Body mount huh? Strange........

Very interesting. This is something I need to check. I am checking everything that is being mentioned. Today I tightened the cross memeber to 80 ft.lbs. No effect on mine. Still have the bump noise in the front end.

Anyone have any idea how much torque is needed on the body mounts?

Check the lower ball joints too, mine was clunking when turning into my driveway and the lowers were loose. Passengers side had a ton of play in it and the drivers while better was shot too. My 14 4WD has 60k on it FWIW.

Anyone know the torque spec on the cross member. Mine is making the same bump noise when I cross a slow left hand turn over a rise when I leave my neighborhood just about every time.

PIT5533 covers a creak, click pop crack noise from the front suspension or frame area while making turns on any of the 2015 through 2017 K2 trucks or SUVs.

The noise may be caused by the front frame crossmember. Loosen then retorque the four attaching bolts. On the first pass, tighten to 52 lb ft. On the second pass, tighten an additional 110 degrees.

Road test again to determine if the concern has been eliminated.

https://mp134437.cdn.mediaplatform.com/134437/wc/mp/4000/10391/42497/70171/Presentation/e6/_e6ac6c39-fd10-1f26-173d-3a3fbf768536_/10217.01V_January_2017_EI.pdf

I'm not sure why 2015 and up. Mines a 14 but I'm goingto

check it anyway.

I  know its been a while, but did this fix your issue? 

Posted (edited)

Bumping this thread, as mine is doing this as well. A single pop/clunk every time I back out of my driveway. Sounds like drivers side front suspension area.

Edited by yamaha0343
spelling

This is so weird because mine just recently started doing it. I only have 7500 miles on it.