Corner step torx screws

Anyone know the size (not head size) of the torx screws that secure the corner steps and the bottom corners of the step pad into the bumper? Like the M number, diameter and length? They screw into U nuts so they have to be the exact size. I stripped one out swapping out one of my corner steps.

Thanks,

Jeff

Everything installed fine. And I used the appropriate torx bit. One of the screws was so tight in there that the head began to strip, that's all. Good lord. I need one screw. Thought maybe someone would know the info on the screws to help me out so I can just order some or go pick one up without having to try to match. I dint have any problem doing that, just thought maybe someone would know. Just looking for a little help. Geez.

Thought I gave you help.

1. Remove a "good" one

2. Take to Lowes or preferred fastener provider

3. Matchup fasteners

4. Install new fastener and original correctly

5. Job complete

Don't know too many motorheads that keep fastener spec sheets available so doing above solves your problem.

Have the best day ever!

Edited by Silver16
  • Like 1

In it, they point to this site for the instructions you are looking for:

http://www.anzousa.com/media/installation/e0da1a5a.pdf

T15. Not sure of the length but there is extra room back there so just get one a little longer than you think you need.

FYI -- I am the one that originally posted the link to those instructions. I have taken my bumper steps out a few times and keep those instructions handy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/10/2017 at 3:50 PM, sk said:

T15. Not sure of the length but there is extra room back there so just get one a little longer than you think you need.

FYI -- I am the one that originally posted the link to those instructions. I have taken my bumper steps out a few times and keep those instructions handy.

I got the 4 torx screw out and am stuck on the last two in the instructions.  I see only one other that is almost impossible to reach.  Any help?