Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

Hi, we just got ours last night. Wondering if you can buy fender/wheel well protection for the rim of the fender/well? I have this on my GMC Sierra.


Thanks to all in advance for any response.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your response OJ, I'm surprised they let you out LOL. Seriously though, yes that is what we would like, but black, not chrome to go around the edge of the wheel well. What would this be called and can I buy this at Autozone and install myself?


FYI, I am not at all mechanically inclined. I can build a state of the art website but I suck messing with cars.


Thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Like-A-Rock-365
      Hello all, I was cleaning my truck out this spring and noticed I was missing a few plugs for the holes that are located on the inside of the fenders (wheel wells) above the rear wheels. Any idea where I can buy these? Is there a part number?
      See pictures

    • By Isaac Riffel
      Hey there! I'm going to do a public service to the GM Truck people and make a guide on how to remove your front fenders from your Early 00's Silverado, Sierra, Yukon, Suburban, Yukon XL, and Tahoe. It's pretty straight forward, but this guide should be a help anyway.
      If you would prefer to watch an in-depth video with the same steps I'm showing here, please click this link --------> Fender Removal Video
      1. Here are the tools you will need:
      13 MM Socket 10 MM Socket 13 MM Wrench 10 MM Wrench Socket Wrench Socket Extensions Penetrating Oil or WD-40 Bungee Cord(s) Patience  
      Let's first go over why I'm doing this, this truck was donated to me and my father as a project and this fender has a nasty rust hole straight through. So, we're hitting the Pick-N-Pull tomorrow to get a new fender.

      (Remove your wheel(s) before this guide)
      2. Remove the hood hinge (13MM Bolt), or the hood itself. We had a way to support the side of the hood we were removing so we did not need to entirely remove the hood. If you do not have a way to support the hood, you will need to remove the whole thing.
      3. Remove all the 13mm's along the fender you are wanting to remove
      4. Remove wheel well splash cover by pulling the head of the little clips to free the liner, here is what the clips look like:

      5. Soak 13 MM bolt where the fender and rocker panel meet with lube then try and break it loose. (These are exposed so it'll be rusty.)

      6.  Remove the 2 hidden 13 MM bolts in the door jam, use a long extension.
      7. Unscrew Airbox and remove the hose, next remove your air filter and the top of the airbox.
      8. Release bottom part of the airbox by using a screwdriver to push the little pins down which will pop the box out.

      9. Remove the 3 10MM bolts holding the airbox support down. Remove any remaining clips.

      10. Loosen coolant reservoir and secure to the side
      11. Remove all remaining 13 mm and 10 mm bolts holding fender to chassis.

      12. Remove headlight by pulling up on the metal bars, removing them. Next, pull the light and disconnect the connectors.

      13. Remove grill clip from fender

      14. Remove the last bolt holding the hood hinge to the fender with a wrench
      15. Remove 13 MM bolt holding fender in the wheel well (inner bumper)

      17.  Wiggle fender upward and pull, it should easily come off of the truck.

      Ta-Da! Now you have tons of access to work or you're halfway done replacing your fender. I hope this helps!

      If you have trouble, please comment or refer to this video: Thanks!
    • By NorEaster
      Anyone running a 6.5" Lift with 35's OR a 4.5" lift? Anyone have measurements? Wheel well, roof, front/rear bumper? I haven't seen many people discussing their overall heights.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Forum Statistics

    Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    Total Members
    Most Online
    Anthony S
    Newest Member
    Anthony S
  • Who's Online   61 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1,768 Guests (See full list)

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.