Swapping leather seats for cloth

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just ask your dealer? I did the opposite went from cloth to leather and they made it part of my truck deal. My seats covers were just changed no seat replacement was done. It was done professionally I still amazed how nice it turned out.

Wet okole seat covers! I had them on my f150 with leather seats, seats looked brand new when I sold the truck at 99k miles. In that 99k miles I did a lot of driving with a wet/muddy Labrador in the back seat and no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were to purchase a 2017 Silverado 1500 LTZ, it only comes with leather seats. Could I swap for 40-20-40 cloth seats?

Will the seats bolt in and plug in just fine?

I'd look around for a LT or SLE optioned like you want it.

I bought a pretty loaded up 2015 SLE last year (had 3 miles on it, new off lot) that had the center console, heated cloth bucket power seats on both sides, navigation, rear park assist, and the "All Star" pack for GMC.

When I replaced it this year they asked me what I wanted to change and I said I wanted to lose the center console and spray in bedliner, but keep the heated cloth seats. They were glad to oblige.

I'd just buy the stuff you want to start with, rather than retrofitting.

Out of curiosity, is it the cloth or the 40/20/40 seat with stacked console that is your hot button? I liked the connections and mini open center console, but hated the cavernous main console in the floor console personally. Finding stuff in that was tough, pretty bad ergonomics on the storage.

Could be because I've had more of them, but I like the stacked consoles better. Stuff I use in top console with easy access, stuff I might use in bottom console. Wasn't good having it all together in the deep well floor console.

I like it in the 2017s they have ports out of the top console for a USB cable for Android Auto or ApplePlay on the Infotainment, makes the factory navigation pretty much obsolete. GoogleMaps>>>>>anything else.

I wanted to purchase the 1500 with 6.2 engine, 8 speed and max towing package. That combination only allows me to get the LTZ. The LTZ only comes with leather seats.

That's why I was asking if I had the same set up 40-20-40 leather seats could I switch it for cloth.

If I were to purchase a 2017 Silverado 1500 LTZ, it only comes with leather seats. Could I swap for 40-20-40 cloth seats?

Will the seats bolt in and plug in just fine?

I think you can change the cover and not the whole seat unless you buy the whole seat. On my '16 Silverado it looks like it has zippers down the sides. If you do switch to cloth do me a favor and send me the front row leather covers. I have a regular cab so I don't need the back seats. Thanks in advance and I'll be waiting by the mail for them lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Don't all LTZ come with a center console and buckets?

Nope.... Comes either way.... IMO center console is the only way to go...

Don't all LTZ come with a center console and buckets?

Available either way, but dealers seem inclined to stock buckets.

Archived