Dear GM, Don't put Ranchos on anything

I generally don't like to see people make fools of themselves, but occasionally it is a pleasure.

You assertion is based on the old 2 way manual air bag setups that initially came out. You have not availed yourself of information to make for an intelligent conversation. Air Ride Technologies and others have had 4 way, dual air pressure / ride height systems available for pickups for quite a few years. The same technology used in heavy commercial trucks. These all eliminate everything you are contending are a problem with air bag systems on pickups.

But that is what one would expect from someone who is ignorant about such things and wouldn't make a pimple on a truck drivers butt.

Cliff maybe he needs it dumbed down a bit. Maybe your original question is simple enough. Ya know, the one he is side stepping.

Explain Mr. S Miller what you mean by 'RIDES LIKE A TRUCK'.

That ought confuse him for a few days. If he ever comes to an answer I'd like to know too because your experience would certainly define the "TRUCK" part. How does he not get that? My 4 year old grand daughter get it. Gezzzz.

Edited by Grumpy Bear

• 1 year later...

I have replaced the stock shocks with Fox2.0 on front and rear. What I realized is the fox shock has less dampening (read easier to compress) than the Rancheros but because they are gas shocks they have a whole lot better control on rebound and compression since the fluid is under pressure.. This in my opinion makes the ride smoother and more controlled. My factory ones were not leaking and I replaced them is search of a smoother controlled ride. I do tow and they also help some  with limiting the pogo affect with 5th wheels. Comparing gas charged shocks to standard fluid shocks is like apples to oranges. The Bilstein 5600 series are also gas charged. Stock Rancheros are not.