Silverado Vibration Makes News

On 7/24/2018 at 11:14 AM, Justin Opinion said:

My new 2018 Silverado High Country has been in the shop about two weeks. I reported some steering wheel vibration at medium to high speeds and asked if they would check balance. Road force balance indicated the R/F was waaaay out of spec and they ordered a new tire. Day later - took it back for the tire to be changed, and I haven't seen it since. To their credit, the dealership is pulling out their hair trying to get this fixed for me, in fact it was the tech that wanted to keep it because he wasn't happy with how it was after replacing the tire. I think now he is on a personal crusade! 

But while I'm not unhappy with the servicing dealership, I am frustrated with GM that it cannot be diagnosed and fixed. I honestly thought the "shake" issue was resolved before the 2018MY, and I am still determined to remain optimistic. I paid a sh!tload of money for my High Country, and I don't think I'm out of line to have expectations. In fact, my truck has the $7,000 High Desert package option which includes magnetic ride control. Those are extremely expensive optional shocks... and they expect me to be happy with vibration?? 

Looks like a beefier driveshaft on this 2018 than on my old 2017/2016 and 2014. So far 2700 miles smooth as glass only one that I had an issue with was the 2014 and New michelin tires made it tolerable.

Edited by Dnt
removed upside down pics

3 hours ago, Dnt said:

Looks like a beefier driveshaft on this 2018 than on my old 2017/2016 and 2014. So far 2700 miles smooth as glass only one that I had an issue with was the 2014 and New michelin tires made it tolerable.

Funny you should mention this as I noticed the same thing yesterday when looking under a potential buy.  I wonder if the "chevy shake" still remains a concern for the '18's?

Looks like a beefier driveshaft on this 2018 than on my old 2017/2016 and 2014. So far 2700 miles smooth as glass only one that I had an issue with was the 2014 and New michelin tires made it tolerable.IMG_5909.jpg.4f46587a08a2e7e9ed86d1769165a898.jpgIMG_5910.jpg.f3503b2f1813fe958ce731e7dbe61f34.jpg

Which Borla exhaust is that you have and how are you liking it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you should mention this as I noticed the same thing yesterday when looking under a potential buy.  I wonder if the "chevy shake" still remains a concern for the '18's?

My 18 6.2 has zero shake, just whiplash [emoji6]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

My 18 6.2 has zero shake, just whiplash emoji6.png

BTW  I've  located a '18 SLT with the NHT package and a 6.2 at a dealership an hour south of where I live.  I'm going to check to see if they are trading partners with my local dealer.  The 6.2 is my third choice on the '18 GM 1500 engine lineup but still a great engine!  ;-)   

BTW  I've  located a '18 SLT with the NHT package and a 6.2 at a dealership an hour south of where I live.  I'm going to check to see if they are trading partners with my local dealer.  The 6.2 is my third choice on the '18 GM 1500 engine lineup but still a great engine!  ;-)   

Lucky you! Couldn’t find any with a Max tow package but then again I don’t use it to tow. Take pics!

On 7/25/2018 at 9:36 AM, TXGREEK said:

Which Borla exhaust is that you have and how are you liking it?

IMG_6010.jpg.ee7b55beafaa4cb3db6748f15b159d5e.jpg

GM Borla touring exhaust dealer installed before I took delivery of the truck. Had the same thing on my 2016 6.2 and liked it. It is a mild exhaust just a light rumble.  I drove quietly in my 2017 6.2 for about a year with the factory exhaust and it was pretty boring so i thought that I would spice up the 18 a bit. Also installed a Cold Air Inductions intake which produces a rather loud noise at anything over 1/2 throttle. To me it makes pretty music with the Borla (my wife just rolls her eyes LOL)  

• Like 1

IMG_6010.jpg.ee7b55beafaa4cb3db6748f15b159d5e.jpg
GM Borla touring exhaust dealer installed before I took delivery of the truck. Had the same thing on my 2016 6.2 and liked it. It is a mild exhaust just a light rumble.  I drove quietly in my 2017 6.2 for about a year with the factory exhaust and it was pretty boring so i thought that I would spice up the 18 a bit. Also installed a Cold Air Inductions intake which produces a rather loud noise at anything over 1/2 throttle. To me it makes pretty music with the Borla (my wife just rolls her eyes LOL)  

Have you noticed any mpg increase or decrease with the Air Induction system?

I would like to tell you that it improves mpg a lot so you can justify with the little woman go buy it but honestly I cannot tell any difference in the mpg. I am a fairly conservative driver most of the time. i do have an occasional episode if I find a wide open low traffic spot where I max out the speed limiter though LOL. Hey you got to check for vibrations at the higher speeds correct? Looks like it is currently averaging 21 mpg over these first 3000 miles. 

I would like to tell you that it improves mpg a lot so you can justify with the little woman go buy it but honestly I cannot tell any difference in the mpg. I am a fairly conservative driver most of the time. i do have an occasional episode if I find a wide open low traffic spot where I max out the speed limiter though LOL. Hey you got to check for vibrations at the higher speeds correct? Looks like it is currently averaging 21 mpg over these first 3000 miles. 

[emoji1303]

On 7/25/2018 at 7:02 AM, Dnt said:

Looks like a beefier driveshaft on this 2018 than on my old 2017/2016 and 2014. So far 2700 miles smooth as glass only one that I had an issue with was the 2014 and New michelin tires made it tolerable.IMG_5909.jpg.4f46587a08a2e7e9ed86d1769165a898.jpgIMG_5910.jpg.f3503b2f1813fe958ce731e7dbe61f34.jpg

I don’t think my 18’s driveshaft looks like that...perhaps that’s a 6.2 2018 spec driveshaft. 

I don’t think my 18’s driveshaft looks like that...perhaps that’s a 6.2 2018 spec driveshaft. 

It is a new 6.2 driveshaft. Looks better now [emoji6]

c97d752cb96bcf3a01cee7c315b8101e.jpg

dd27bd69efbdcdd36f64c7a31185550a.jpg

11 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

It is a new 6.2 driveshaft. Looks better now emoji6.png

c97d752cb96bcf3a01cee7c315b8101e.jpg

dd27bd69efbdcdd36f64c7a31185550a.jpg

Haha. I figured. Us guys are stuck with the pea shooter while you big boys got the rocket launcher under the hood. Haha. ?