Remote Tailgate Release

4 minutes ago, Frankie Garcia said:

What actuators are you using.. i grabbed some lock actuators from a late 90s suburban... Sometimes it will work.. other times nope. Need stronger ones i guess @beavo451

I used these and they work great. 

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Door-Lock-Actuator-Heavy-Duty-360-Degree-/151718737530?epid=1458695730&hash=item235324367a%3Ag%3ABKsAAOSwyjJZzst5&_trkparms=pageci%3Af8d8c087-b3b0-11e7-bf47-74dbd1808428%7Cparentrq%3A2d6ff4f915f0a9c548c2182cfffd5789%7Ciid%3A6

8 hours ago, Marv88 said:

7 hours ago, Frankie Garcia said:

Dope, followed... Those actuators sound a lot more powerful then mine.

Pretty much any actuators that are the "heavy duty" variety will work. I bought mine off of Amazon.

13 hours ago, Jmiller11331 said:

Wish there was a "how to" video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy me another truck and I'll make one! lol.

On 10/18/2017 at 2:46 PM, David in WXW said:

It sure would be nice if someone would design, produce, and sell a plug and play DIY kit for the novice, such as myself!!

I suspect that this would be a pretty low volume product and designing one would be pretty significant. It would also be marginally easier as it would just have connectors pre-attached vs using your own.

I bought the actuators recommended but still had issues... finnaly realized that on side was very difficult to disengage when pulling.. adjusted striker and bam works... If anyone has issues check each latch manually by hand how much tension it has to release @Marv88

15 hours ago, Frankie Garcia said:

I bought the actuators recommended but still had issues... finnaly realized that on side was very difficult to disengage when pulling.. adjusted striker and bam works... If anyone has issues check each latch manually by hand how much tension it has to release @Marv88

I forgot I had that exact issue when I first installed mine!

BTW, does anyone know if there is an adjustment for the tailgate support cables? When my tailgate is down the passenger side cable is taut however the drivers side has quite a bit of slack until you put weight on.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...