Does it bother you when trucks are optioned a "wierd" way?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually get a kick out of "weirdly" optioned vehicles. I had a '92 S-10 Blazer that had almost all of the options available back then, but with a 5 spd. manual sticking out of the floor. Cool little ride, and no chance of it getting stolen!

Having a manual transmission in a well optioned vehicle was not really weird a few decades ago. In the 50's to 80's a 3 spd. manual column shift was pretty standard equipment on the base models of American 1/2 tons. The 4 spd. manual floor shift and the 2 or 3 spd. automatic transmissions were options. In the 90's automatics took over but manuals were still pretty common in many trim levels at the start of the decade. I remember searching for a Sonoma in the early 90's and found a well appointed '91 with a 5 spd.

Having a manual transmission in a well optioned vehicle was not really weird a few decades ago. In the 50's to 80's a 3 spd. manual column shift was pretty standard equipment on the base models of American 1/2 tons. The 4 spd. manual floor shift and the 2 or 3 spd. automatic transmissions were options. In the 90's automatics took over but manuals were still pretty common in many trim levels at the start of the decade. I remember searching for a Sonoma at the and found a well appointed '91 with a 5 spd.

Some of the folks complaining about their transmissions on here need to drive one of those 3 speeds. You COULD do 60 in first gear though :D

Lol, I can just imagine how out of place that truck would have looked with 18's...I honestly don't know if I've ever seen an ltz with 18's

Probably a Z71 thing. I don't understand why any truck comes with anything but 17's if you ask me. I don't have a problem with nice n shiny wheels on a luxury truck but to me a Z71 should never have big rims.

I had a loaded Ford P/U sport with a 5speed. I put a Vortec S/C on it. It had painted match mirrors, bumpers, wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived