Krown undercoating. Good idea or bad?

I did not opt for the dealer rust proofing as I've had good results with krown in the past. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the effects it might have on the wax chassis coating?

I'd expect that Krown has done quite a few GM trucks in the past 18 yrs, or however long since GM started using the wax. They should be able to give you some insight on it?

Can't be any worse than doing nothing :)

My wax coating was crap to begin with. I bought some por15 in a rattle can and sprayed the frame before I did krown. I used 4 cans and spent about 2 hours with a wire brush knocking major chunks off.Frame looks brand new if not better than factory. This is all after I used the warranty and complained the wax was peeling.

I'd expect that Krown has done quite a few GM trucks in the past 18 yrs, or however long since GM started using the wax. They should be able to give you some insight on it?

Can't be any worse than doing nothing :)

I have a feeling any shop that applys krown undercoatings is not going to turn down a sale.

I had my 2014 silverado sprayed not long after I bought it ,within a week the coating on the frame began to come off in big chunks the undercoating wasn't krown it was another brand but I think they are all pretty much the same thing they just have different fragrances pick the one you like the smell of ,a guy I work with bought a new 2015 GMC and had it sprayed with krown right away and his did the same thing big chunks coming off the frame in a short time after he had it done,I believe in keeping a vehicle wet with undercoating of any brand because it plain works, all my other trucks got sprayed once or twice a year and stayed really nice ,but

I will tell you the factory undercoating don't like it.

Ive had Krown on my last 3 trucks keep them at least 5 yrs never any rust and yes I do it in the summer when truck is dry and redo every yr

My new 2017 not going to have them do the engine compartment or underbody I hate the mess. BUT. They will do doors rockers etc and pull the tailites and spray over the wheelwells as imo thats the place theses trucks rust first

On my 2010 I think the Krown siftened the frame coaring making it come off. So not doung underbody this time as above post

Archived