Updating Chevy MyLink

Has anyone updated their MyLink? I have a '16 Silverado and I was wanting to k ow if there was a way to update the MyLink to the '17 software so that I can see the wifi and 4gLTE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe only third party vendors who "hack" into the system have the ability to make changes like that.

There is no update the dealer can flash

That is correct.

Has anyone updated their MyLink? I have a '16 Silverado and I was wanting to k ow if there was a way to update the MyLink to the '17 software so that I can see the wifi and 4gLTE.

It's not as simple as updating the MyLink, the newer trucks that have the WIFI and 4G have a different internal modem. So you would also have to replace that. Along with any programming that is required for the software to work.

I don't know of any aftermarket company that has that ability. MVI is one vendor on this forum, but I don't think they can go that far.

It's not as simple as updating the MyLink, the newer trucks that have the WIFI and 4G have a different internal modem. So you would also have to replace that. Along with any programming that is required for the software to work.

I don't know of any aftermarket company that has that ability. MVI is one vendor on this forum, but I don't think they can go that far.

Figured it'd be something like that. All good I get internet in the truck through AT&T, good enough to run the kids iPads, but that's it. I guess I just wanted to see the signal strength and what not on the screen but it's mainly on CarPlay screen anyway. Thanks for the input.

Archived