100k+ mile update for 2014+ trucks?

Hey everyone, I'm curious to hear some stories about yalls 2014+ silverados/Sierras that have 100k+ miles on them. The matinence with it, problems, the good things, bad things, etc. Tell your story with yours and how owning it has been the last 100k miles?

My friend at work has a 2014 silverado LTZ crew 5.3. It has 72,000 on it other then oil changes and a couple recalls no issues. He don't do any maintenance and drives the piss out of it. I would say these new 5.3's are pretty good. And btw...no range or tune,completely stock.

99,800 on my 2014 high country

something in the trans went at 92k. they did the converter, valve bodies, and internal stuff. after the 5th time at the dealer its fixed

seat clicks

chevy shake...after I put my 35's on it shakes a little less

truck is a shitbox

• Like 1

I tipped over 80k last week. Have replaced shocks and struts along with tires. I had a couple of recalls and an oil leak issue. Had to take the truck in twice for the leaky oil pan (warranty fix). Doesn't leak now and I have no issues. I love my truck.

2014 Chevy silverado Z71 DCSB w/Bilstein 5100 level

My 2014 ltz 6.2l 4x4 is at 60k now, not quite 100k yet but it had a few issues.

its been back for 3 recalls

1 bad injector on #7 caused poor idle on cold start and mil light

busted valve spring on #7, put the whole truck in panic mode

had a coolant leak on the radiator, radiator and t stat replaced

lower ball joints being replaced today.

Things that have not been/will never be fixed. The "infotainment" system is total crap, slow, buggy, crashes.... Transmission is horrible.

Edited by nitro882

Just turned 85k on my 14. So far the only bad thing to happen to mine has been the AC condenser. I bought the extended warranty and it was covered. It has rattles and squeaks in the interior that I have not been able to quiet. Currently there is a bump noise in the front end sometimes that I think may be in the rack. I will see if I can this looked at under warranty also. Other than that, the truck runs great, drives great, trans is great. I do change one gallon of fluid every 15k miles. Change the engine oil every 5k. Rotate tires every 10k. Changed the diff fluid and trans filter and fluid at 65k.

Knock on wood.

Edited by Eddie 70
  • Like 1

Currently have a 2014 High Country with the 6.2 6 speed. Just about to hit 119k miles. I've done all the regular maintenance (diffs, transfer case, plugs, wires,oil changes, etc) only major thing I've had to do was the radiator and thermostat because of the small cracks that the 14s get. I've definitely not been easy on it either. I've done air box mod, mit tube, Kooks headers with catless y, Corsa sport exhaust, black bear tune. Hope to do cam and heads soon. Also I've never had a catch can on it. Runs perfect and curious on how many miles I can get out of the stock motor and trans. My interior is holding up amazing, not even a tear in the seat like the older generations. Exterior is good just the normal dings that are inevitable.

• Like 3

I just went over 100,000 the other day. Bought truck new October 2013.

Repairs

- Few computer updates (recalls)
- Loose driver seat. Dealership installed kit which fixed problem.
- Wind noise coming from driver side door. Dealership adjusted door and noise was reduced substantially
- One of the rear shocks began to squeak. Could have had it warrantied but decided to replace with Bilstein 4600 series. Squeak went away and ride improved slightly.

Maintenance

- Followed OLM for oil changes (around 7300 miles). Always used Mobil 1 0W-20

- Drain/fill transmission fluid around 60,000. Used hand pump to extract fluid out of dipstick. Did 4 times

- Changed front/rear axle and transfer case fluids

- Air filter

- Will be doing spark plugs soon

Issues/complaints

- Weak headlights. Replaced with DDM HID

- Wax coating on frame all but gone

- Vibration at 75 MPH

- Paint on front bumper (LOTS of chips)

- Poor throttle response/transmission shifting

Positive

- Always started and still on original battery (even at -25°F)

- Never has left me stranded

- No major mechanical issues

- Very little oil consumption (maybe 1/2-3/4 quart every oil change)

- Respectable fuel economy (tank averages usually around 17-18 MPG). Low 20's possible on highway

Fixed most of the poor throttle response/transmissinon shifting with a DiabloSport tune. Drives like it should now.

Overall I have no major complaints. Most of my issues are the common ones others have had. The vibration at 75 MPH is tolerable but definitely there. No issues at 70 MPH so I end up driving that speed if I'm in no hurry. Plan to keep truck another two years so I'll probably be around 150,000 when I trade. Will see what the next gen GM 1/2 ton performs. Otherwise I'm going to be open to all models at time of trade.

Edited by gone_fishing
  • Like 5

Currently have a 2014 High Country with the 6.2 6 speed. Just about to hit 119k miles. I've done all the regular maintenance (diffs, transfer case, plugs, wires,oil changes, etc) only major thing I've had to do was the radiator and thermostat because of the small cracks that the 14s get. I've definitely not been easy on it either. I've done air box mod, mit tube, Kooks headers with catless y, Corsa sport exhaust, black bear tune. Hope to do cam and heads soon. Also I've never had a catch can on it. Runs perfect and curious on how many miles I can get out of the stock motor and trans. My interior is holding up amazing, not even a tear in the seat like the older generations. Exterior is good just the normal dings that are inevitable.

I just went over 100,000 the other day. Bought truck new October 2013.

Repairs

- Few computer updates (recalls)

- Loose driver seat. Dealership installed kit which fixed problem.

- Wind noise coming from driver side door. Dealership adjusted door and noise was reduced substantially

- One of the rear shocks began to squeak. Could have had it warrantied but decided to replace with Bilstein 4600 series. Squeak went away and ride improved slightly.

Maintenance

- Followed OLM for oil changes (around 7300 miles). Always used Mobil 1 0W-20

- Drain/fill transmission fluid around 60,000. Used hand pump to extract fluid out of dipstick. Did 4 times

- Changed front/rear axle and transfer case fluids

- Air filter

- Will be doing spark plugs soon

Issues/complaints

- Weak headlights. Replaced with DDM HID

- Wax coating on frame all but gone

- Vibration at 75 MPH

- Paint on front bumper (LOTS of chips)

- Poor throttle response/transmission shifting

Positive

- Always started and still on original battery (even at -25°F)

- Never has left me stranded

- No major mechanical issues

- Very little oil consumption (maybe 1/2-3/4 quart every oil change)

- Respectable fuel economy (tank averages usually around 17-18 MPG). Low 20's possible on highway

Fixed most of the poor throttle response/transmissinon shifting with a DiabloSport tune. Drives like it should now.

Overall I have no major complaints. Most of my issues are the common ones others have had. The vibration at 75 MPH is tolerable but definitely there. No issues at 70 MPH so I end up driving that speed if I'm in no hurry. Plan to keep truck another two years so I'll probably be around 150,000 when I trade. Will see what the next gen GM 1/2 ton performs. Otherwise I'm going to be open to all models at time of trade.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Well it ain't no Silverado - but here's my buddies' report on his Cobalt........... Yes a Cobalt nearing 300K.......... :dunno:

I know you have been waiting for the latest update on my mileage! I did hit 280,000 miles on my all original 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS last night! Twenty thou to go for the big 300K mark ......

Go America! Go Detroit!

post-168136-0-98742700-1501162380_thumb.jpg

Edited by Krusty
  • Like 2