100k+ mile update for 2014+ trucks?

Next your going to tell me your mercedes 240d lasted a long time because of synthetic

Out of curiosity and being that you’re doubting the actually proven effects of higher concentrations of synthetic “HELPS” decrease wear and tear, what’s the oil and filter combination you use?

Sent from Above

6 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Out of curiosity and being that you’re doubting the actually proven effects of higher concentrations of synthetic “HELPS” decrease wear and tear, what’s the oil and filter combination you use?

Sent from Above

I’m not doubting its better, I’m doubting it’s “that” much better. I’m also doubting your civic would not be in nearly the same condition had you used regular oil. I use mobile 1 extended performance.

11 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

A civic with a long lasting drivetrain is your anecdotal evidence?

I once bought a a ‘95 civic somebody never changed the oil it, it had 95k miles on it and a hole in the block where the rod punctured it. I could literally stick my fist into the block.

well guess what, I still drove that civic for 2 miles to a mechanic. Yes, a civic that had no oil in it, had been sitting for a year, with a hole in the block, down a cylinder, still drove 2 miles.

you could probably put olive oil into 90’s civic crankcase and it’s get you to 200k

Synthetic was not why it lasted a long time

SO...you think that was my point? Reading comprehension issues?

I made no statement whatsoever about the length of motor life.  

Hum....well.....nothing I can do about that except invite you read it again. You're not even warm.

Maybe you will understand I was in agreement with your statement as referenced. Here, I'll reference again.

4 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

The engines last far longer than the body, interior, frame, ancillary engine pieces, transmission. I think you’re wasting money using a considerably more expensive oil.

You read with blood in your eyes. 

Chill. 

• Like 1

I’m not doubting its better, I’m doubting it’s “that” much better. I’m also doubting your civic would not be in nearly the same condition had you used regular oil. I use mobile 1 extended performance.

Wrong person, I’ve never owned Honda’s.

You use Mobil1 extended oil based on it having added synthetics giving added engine protection against wear and tear adding additional cleaning additives prolonging it’s use correct?

So why wouldn’t you even entertain the fact and proven independent testing that oil with 100% synthetic is better than dino oil mixed with synthetic? Years and years of independent and proven testing shows that oils made of 100% synthetic completely blow away everything Mobil1 and other Full Synthetic competitors have to offer by at least 4X. It’s not hype, it’s independent tests that’s what gives the answer to which oil best protects your engine which in return prolongs you’re engines internals.

Everyone should buy whatever they want, just know what you’re buying and putting into your engine especially if you’re doing long OCI’s.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing, you research what you buy everyday, see it for yourself, anything well marketed can make you over look the real ingredients and in the end isn’t this what we all strive for, helping one another.

Sent from Above

Back to topic My experience has been terrible so far owning this 2017 SIlverado LTZ Z71.

Right how it has 40,890 on it, and is currently in shop.... again... Bought it this January with 34k on it drove it for 4 months put like 3k on it, enough to get out of B2B warranty, then had to have entire engine replaced due to cylinder/piston damage in #4.

It has eaten 5 fuel injectors so far.

Right now it is in the shop because the trans decided it didn't want to shift out of 3rd.

At this point I'm about to just off load this POS for about anything other than a chevy lol.

Forgot to add! They gave me a 2019 SIlverado LT with 2k miles.. trans STILL clunks into and out of gears like my 17 lol.

Edited by KungfuWerewolf
  • Like 1

Dont complain about issues with a used truck. Nobody knows how the last owner cared for it...maybe they towed at 50 mph in 1st gear uphill for a 40 hours a week - you dont know. I have always had great luck with new chevys. I never buy one unless its at least 2 model years old, and even better - buy the last year of an old model; you will get a smokin deal, and the manufacturing bugs are all worked out...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Dont complain about issues with a used truck. Nobody knows how the last owner cared for it...maybe they towed at 50 mph in 1st gear uphill for a 40 hours a week - you dont know. I have always had great luck with new chevys. I never buy one unless its at least 2 model years old, and even better - buy the last year of an old model; you will get a smokin deal, and the manufacturing bugs are all worked out...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Good God! We think the same!

Sent from Above

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/25/2017 at 10:51 AM, Frans14silver said:

My 14' is right at 70k now, considering changing diff fluids and trans fluid.

The diff and transfer case fluid change is very easy. I'm not a mechanic, I did it all a few hours, taking my time and having beers. I was surprised at how easy it is. A member posted a how to that made it super easy. DO IT! 

The trans fluid on the other hand, I'm going to have someone else do it.

• Like 1

The diff and transfer case fluid change is very easy. I'm not a mechanic, I did it all a few hours, taking my time and having beers. I was surprised at how easy it is. A member posted a how to that made it super easy. DO IT! 
The trans fluid on the other hand, I'm going to have someone else do it.

Good job! I had a G2 Diff cover installed a couple years ago and since then I find myself changing it every other oil change just because it’s soooooo simple. Don’t forget, your transfer case and if you’ve got a 4x4, please change your front Diff too. Be safe and remember to vote Trump2020!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Good job! I had a G2 Diff cover installed a couple years ago and since then I find myself changing it every other oil change just because it’s soooooo simple. Don’t forget, your transfer case and if you’ve got a 4x4, please change your front Diff too. Be safe and remember to vote Trump2020!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I did front and rear diff and transfer case at 50K. The rear diff fluid was dark but the front and transfer case weren't that bad. Peace of mind though. I know it was done, properly. I'm voting in person to ensure my vote is counted. In PA a certain party has been caught throwing the opposing party's ballots in the trash. There are a lot of dead, ineligible and people casting multiple votes in PA. Especially in the urban areas where one party dominates the population. 

• Like 1