Nitto EXO Grappler experience?

fjtort2

Put the exp on my 2017 dmax 2 days after I picked up truck at end of July. Very pleased with tires.good wet traction , very good in snow and wearing well after about 10,000 miles.i don’t think they are loud at all and quieter than the Duramax that came with truck.i like the aggressive look.only towed 2 times with them about 10,000 lbs and they fine. I wanted a heavier tire for the diesel so decided to try these

i went with 275 70 18 size even though i could have went a little bigger as there was plenty of room even before i had a level kit installed. this is my daily driver. i usually run a dedicated snows for the winter that i had for my 2013 but this truck sits higher and my snows are a little smaller and narrower and i dont think they would have looked that great. the exos did real good in the snow but not as good at the cooper snows. im going to put the snows and wheels for sale in the fall and pick up a set again but just a little larger as i already have a spare set of wheels. i work crazy hours during the winter and the weather is no excuse to get to and from work and the cooper snows stick to the road no matter what the weather is doing

• 2 weeks later...

finally got the EXO grapplers late last week. Got a couple hundred km's on them and initial impression is I'm very pleased. Very smooth at all speeds, not overly noisy (slightly noisier than the Ridge Grapplers I had before). Did some highway and gravel driving. So far so good!

comp.JPG

On 6/11/2018 at 11:21 AM, gforce_15 said:

finally got the EXO grapplers late last week. Got a couple hundred km's on them and initial impression is I'm very pleased. Very smooth at all speeds, not overly noisy (slightly noisier than the Ridge Grapplers I had before). Did some highway and gravel driving. So far so good!

Very sharp rig! Are those 295/60/20's?

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, Big Whiskey said:

Very sharp rig! Are those 295/60/20's?

thanks! These are actually only 275/60/20. I had a set of 295/60's from my LML but they were too big on this truck. They fit besides minor rub in reverse on my LML but that was leveled and didn't ride very nice. The new truck rides so nice stock that I didn't want to make any changes to the front end , hence the 275/60. Happy with the look and even happier that they fit with no modification.

On 6/19/2018 at 1:09 PM, gforce_15 said:

thanks! These are actually only 275/60/20. I had a set of 295/60's from my LML but they were too big on this truck. They fit besides minor rub in reverse on my LML but that was leveled and didn't ride very nice. The new truck rides so nice stock that I didn't want to make any changes to the front end , hence the 275/60. Happy with the look and even happier that they fit with no modification.

Very cool. Those look big for a 275/60. Maybe the rims help things out a bit. Regardless, nice setup!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/11/2018 at 12:21 PM, gforce_15 said:

comp.JPG

Looks Nice! Since you had experienced both RIDGE and EXO Grapplers, which performs better in winter? I live in Toronto and are concerned about a good tire for long winters here. I kind of liked the look of the RG over the EG - not sure what to do and need to place an order soon. 

On 4/27/2020 at 2:02 AM, Dieg082 said:

Looks Nice! Since you had experienced both RIDGE and EXO Grapplers, which performs better in winter? I live in Toronto and are concerned about a good tire for long winters here. I kind of liked the look of the RG over the EG - not sure what to do and need to place an order soon. 

Sorry, I can't give any real world experience with either regarding winter. I only had the Ridge for about 2,000 km in the summer then I traded that truck and got EXO for this new truck. The EXO are a little louder for sure. Have put about 10,000 km on the EXO mostly pulling a trailer and they are doing great. The EXO are on my summer wheels, I run my stock wheels and Toyo ATII AW tires in the winter. 

• 3 months later...