2012 Yukon Nivomat/ZW7 Shock Replacement

My wife's 2012 Yukon needs new shocks. It has the ZW7 premium ride option. I'm having a hell of a time finding rear shocks for it, and searching this forum and google isn't helping. Almost all of the information I'm finding is related to the previous generation 99-06 models.

I understand I can use a "standard" shock on the front, but the rear shocks are really causing me grief. On previous models I see where folks swap out the Nivomat shocks for standard models, then swap the springs for z71 springs. I don't seem to be able to find that option for the newer rigs, unless the springs are the same.

I'm looking for advice. I need to crawl under her rig and get a model number off the shocks, to at least give me something to start googling with. Either a less expensive option for stock shocks, or a way to convert would be great.

Thanks.

GM 22811847. That's the OEM ZW7 shock, retail for $101.24 each. The fronts are RPO specific, not with the ZW7 per say, but the "computer selection" RPO codes. 22 different part #s for the front shocks.

Local GM dealer can take your VIN and find the right shock # for the front.

I love Rock Auto. The problem is with so many options it isn't always clear as to what you actually need. I crawled under the rig and the number is 22811847 so it looks like I got off easy price wise.

Archived