2017 All terrain 6.2 8spd trans TSB 16-NA-364

Had my truck back to dealer today at 3400 miles for alignment .......was told GM will only warranty alignments up to 3500 miles .... I did mention to service writer once in the past 3500 miles after truck sat overnite upon starting and engaging reverse immediately did not go in gear just revd high as if in neutral

Classic delayed engagement .had this on my 6 spd in very cold weather

Picked up truck , of course they could not duplicate problem

but they did a 5886 clutch learn and the 16-NA -364 protocol to resolve " clutch slow to fill and some harsh shifting ( i never had harsh shifting)

never really had any complaints on how my 8 spd shifted but have to say it more responsive to throttle for downshifts and upshifts firmer overall a real bonus no idea if the delayed thing is fixed but at this point very pleased ......GM is now saying normal for gear engagement to take 3 seconds after start ??

If you can get this done I would suggest it .....

FWIW

I believe June 29 2017 Basically its a check to see if all modules working correctly A test to ck ISS ( speed sensor) engages within 2-3 seconds and a clutch learn if not then they go to 16-NA-14 stator replacement.

Assume the clutch learn is what improved the shifting but really no idea why the response got better especially the amount of throttle it takes to downshift is far less

New Corvette friend told me about it so I suggested number to service writer he had severe delayed engagement issues and this solved and he noticed same improved trans resonse / shifting ??

Archived