gotime4

'16 silverado 2500HD, to lift/level or not to lift/level

Thanks for the reply but I already ordered them and slapped em on the truck. 6 turns on the torsion bars and no running.

bd9bc2c44fcb61c7f5bcc8571d37d4fb.jpg

Thank you for removing the valance, looks great!

Looks good Steinb👍👍

Got a front and back picture of it?

So what's the final verdict?? I have a 2016 HC Duramax and want to keep the stock 20"wheels.

Please be kind as I'm new to forum.

• Like 1

So what's the final verdict?? I have a 2016 HC Duramax and want to keep the stock 20"wheels.

Please be kind as I'm new to forum.

You can run up to 35x12.5 tires with it leveled. Most go with a 275/65/20 or a 285/60/20 or even a 295/60/20, different brands are available in different sizes.

I have 285/65/20s on mine. They are a bit taller and wider. I also went with the BDS 2-3" leveling kit. It sits with a slight rake to the front. I tow a lot and added bags in the back and add air as needed. To me it's about perfect. I may go with 295/65/20s when I need new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 285/65/20s on mine. They are a bit taller and wider. I also went with the BDS 2-3" leveling kit. It sits with a slight rake to the front. I tow a lot and added bags in the back and add air as needed. To me it's about perfect. I may go with 295/65/20s when I need new tires.

Guessing BFG KO2's? I see that combo a lot on these trucks.

They are Goodyear Wrangler ATs. And I was wrong. They are 285/60/20. They are great tires and I wish the y had a larger size but I'll be going with Ridge Grapplers next.

They are Goodyear Wrangler ATs. And I was wrong. They are 285/60/20. They are great tires and I wish the y had a larger size but I'll be going with Ridge Grapplers next.

I kind of wondered as the BFG's are the only ones I know of in that size, guy down the street runs them on his HD and they look great, will post a pic if I run into him. Edited by SMiller
  • Like 1

Here's a quick picture of my setup.

fba9add6593cc2fa616123dbbc96536a.jpg

Any and all pics of your trucks would be great

Guessing BFG KO2's? I see that combo a lot on these trucks.

Please do so as I want to run BF'S

Here's a quick picture of my setup.

fba9add6593cc2fa616123dbbc96536a.jpg

I would love to ride in that truck but I am worried sick I would like the ride and that super trick coilover set-up is out of my budget. Edited by SMiller

LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Alan79
      Hello All,

This is my first time posting in this forum!!

Just bought a DiabloSport Itune I3 Platinum Programmer.

I am looking for some decisive direction as well as suggestions on the best parameters for tuning my truck with the I3 Platinum.

Specs of Truck:

2014 Silverado Z71 LTZ 2WD Crew Cab
      Rough Country leveling kit installed
      33" x 12.5" x 22" Nitto Terra Grappler G2 A/T tires
      5.3L Ecotec flex engine
      K & N Cold Air Intake installed
      Gentle 46k miles
      I RUN 93 OCTANE IN THIS TRUCK

Being a 2 wheel drive (It Does have the Z71 package, Rancho shocks, etc...) Obviously it raked in the front.
      First thing I did was put the K&N CAI on and it was like a rocket in Manual 5 gear mode, when I shifted through the gears myself.

After leveling kit and 33's with aggressive tread, it was complete garbage. No power, confused shift points, almost like missing. Just a hot mess.

So I bought the Intune I3 first, rather than switching to a 4.10 gear (which I may do later).

Already turned off AFM and that was immediately effective. Also, 15% throttle boost.

Can anyone suggest the best parameters to make this bad boy get up and GO!!??

I would like to know if there is a good idea on what ECM and TCM adjustments should be made to not only get that stock power back on 33's. But also get good fuel economy.

The standard Diablo Flex, Jammer and 91 tunes don't seem to help a whole lot. Still bogs down and takes forever to get through 1st and 2nd gear. Anybody know about these tuners on a 14 Silverado with 33's?!?!?!

Please help!!!

Alan
    • By SirManny
      I have a set of Toyo Open Country AT2 Extreme 305/55r20 essentially the same as 33x12.5x20 10ply tires for sale. They have approximately 8k miles on them and are in great shape. Tires even have the needles still on them. I changed my wheel setup and the tires wont work with the new setup. Im located in Fort Gordon, GA  and will deliver within a reasonable distance. They cost me over 1400 new looking to get 1100 obo. Tires have no plugs, patches, etc. 

• By Strobel2414
      Hey Guys,
      New to the forum, and glad to be finally back into a truck after a few years.  So I just recently purchased a used 2015 denali 6.2 with 55k miles, and the previous owner installed a leveling kit.  Now the problem is that they did not install a relocation bracket for the magneride sensor.  I noticed that it seemed to ride rougher than my dads non denali and so I started doing more research on here and other places.  I had heard that if you didn't want to go the bracket route, you could have the dealer reset the shocks to zero in the computer so the truck knows its level.  Since I had just bought it a little over two weeks ago, I figured I would just take it back to the dealer and make them do it.  When I got there and meet with the suspension guy, he said hes done over 100 leveling kits, and hes's never had to put a bracket in there.  So he said he wanted to check the shocks to see if they were ok, and once he got it up on the lift, he then noticed that they were leaking and would need to be replaced.  He drove it and agreed that the ride was really stiff and said with the new shocks the ride should be 20x's better than before.  Since I didnt have to pay for anything I said absolutely, go ahead and replace the front struts.

Long story short, got the truck back, and yes the ride is definitely better, but it still feels fairly stiff.  So I was hoping that if someone on here had the brackets on their's they could hook me up with some dimensions and I could just make some of my own.  I called suspension maxx, but they told me they could only sell me the brackets if I had some sort of proof of purchase, but of course I don't because the previous owner is the one who purchased it.  

I appreciate any help or advice in advanced.

Thanks, Adam

• By Sierra Dan
      Here is a little extra information I found on from GM TechLink with tips and details regarding the lift points on the new T1 GM trucks.
      Newdude posted something similar in the frame issues topic a while back. I just thought I would add a little extra to that information.

Lift Points
      TIP: Prior to servicing the vehicle using a lift hoist, the vehicle power assist steps must be disabled to prevent accidental activation. Use lift pads/spacers to provide proper clearance between the lift hoist arms and the vehicle’s fixed or power assist steps. After servicing the vehicle, be sure to enable the power assist steps.
      For lifting the vehicle, various lift points are recommended. (Fig. 13) The lift points are:
      Circular jack pad Widest point of the frame rail; requires adapter that is wider than the frame rail when using a hoist. Contact your hoist manufacturer for the appropriate adapter. Rear frame contact points Rear axle contact points Differential contact points Fig. 13
      For the front locations, the two approved lifting points are the circular jack pad (Fig. 14) and the widest point of the frame rail, which requires an adapter from the hoist manufacturer. (Fig. 15)
      Fig. 14
      Fig. 15
      The hoist pads must not contact the rocker panels, the floor pan or, at the front pad location, the front fenders.
      Lift pad adapters for Challenger and Rotary lifts are available through GM Dealer Equipment.
      When lifting at the differential (#5) with a floor jack, avoid point loading the center section of the axle, which is aluminum on most rear axles. Use a floor jack with a rubber pad or wood block to prevent damage.
    • By Sierra Dan
      Came across this just now for those interested.
      Looks like a great system from the outside!