'16 silverado 2500HD, to lift/level or not to lift/level

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pics and amount I'm looking at for a leveling kit and some 285's on stocker 20's??

Crank the bars yourself and have tire shop or dealer alling so $60 total.

Call your tire guy on quotes for tires.

Are you getting 285/60/20 or 285/65/20?

So you wouldn't recommend getting a leveling kit, or t-bar crank is enough?

What are pros and cons?

Both do the same thing, you can waste your money on a leveling kit but you are simply throwing money away as it does the exact same thing as both are simply rotating the torsion bars.

Crank them up until you are happy, if you don't like the ride THEN add shock spacers, upper control arms, and diff drop spacers. No reason to get ahead of yourself or throw money away.

Much appreciated brother, thank you.

Looking to get some 285/65r20 bf ko2

Good choice, crank those torsion bar bolts 9 turns each (22mm socket) and drive it for a day, see if you like the ride and stance, if so get a allingment and add tires.

Needs to be jacked up to crank the bars right?

I sure helps, those boots are tight, lots of pressure on them when on the ground.

You can use the factory bottle jack and do one side at a time if in a pinch, 22mm socket on a 1/2in. ratchet will get it done.

• 1 month later...

i'm running a 2.25' ready lift keys up front and a ready lift 2" block out back.  I wanted it to still have a rake to it for when the trailer is hooked up or the sled deck and sleds are loaded.  I also wanted it higher than stock thus why i went with the keys and blocks.  Tires are stock 275 65 18 duratracs if I remember correctly so they measure just over 32"s.  

Better picture to come when the weather wants to cooperate... 

023292e2-4da8-4ab1-a517-4deaa973e96f_zps

295/60R20 on cranked stock keys.  Could easily go up to a 35 as these have piles of room.  A arms don't hit and nothing rubs.  The picture is deceiving by angle... I have one inch of rake front to back.  Total cost was 28 bucks for shock extenders lol.  

20171019_121833.jpg

On 10/30/2017 at 7:37 PM, SierraHD17 said:

295/60R20 on cranked stock keys.  Could easily go up to a 35 as these have piles of room.  A arms don't hit and nothing rubs.  The picture is deceiving by angle... I have one inch of rake front to back.  Total cost was 28 bucks for shock extenders lol.  

20171019_121833.jpg

Looks great!

Can't believe you didn't waste a ton of time and money installing a leveling kit...

1 hour ago, SMiller said:

Looks great!

Can't believe you didn't waste a ton of time and money installing a leveling kit...

I know huh... It's so weird.... lol.  Even one of my own employees bought keys and I think a arms for his 16 Duramax... sits about the same height as mine and has the exact same tire on the truck lol.  I just give up with people haha. 

• 1 month later...

RC Level and 295/60R20 Ridge Grapplers. Only paid for the parts. I have a buddy that works at GM so we did the work and alignment at his dealer after hours. Fit is great with no rubbing and smooth ride!! Very happy!

dacfbaede9fc03ad749e8522e2fcc4fe.jpg

d350bf7dd28507d856e993412d76f4b8.jpg

6be492329fee19a6b91cffa1fe16f23f.jpg

c1e2fe98a42e6c1e566eeeadda623971.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived