Waze over bluetooth while on AM/FM Radio?

Both Waze and Google Maps have the option to output sound as a Bluetooth phone call. As soon as I turned it on for Google Maps it worked. I have it turned on for Waze but I hear nothing. Has anyone gotten it to work? Would be nice to listen to some AM/FM station and still get Waze turn by turn on the truck speakers.

Just picked up a 2015 Silverado Z71 LT with only 11k miles.

Thanks!

Total dumb question where is the setting for waze and Google to output sound like a phone call? In app I can't find the setting or on the radio

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Total dumb question where is the setting for waze and Google to output sound like a phone call? In app I can't find the setting or on the radio

On my iPhone, when I click the Magnifying glass (to search) in the lower left, I get a GEAR icon in the upper left of the search screen. Then under Sound & Voice I have an Advanced section at the bottom with a Sound Output option. That's where I selected Play as Bluetooth phone call.

Works in my Google Maps, but not in Waze.

I have not been able to get it to work well. I can Waze to work with my Iphone but it keeps changing from playing XMradio to Itunes at every alert.

t_bare

I don't use any app much, but when I do, it is Waze. It plays through the speakers every time on my 2014 CC, when I do use it. Great little app in my opinion.

Archived