In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Waze over bluetooth while on AM/FM Radio?

Both Waze and Google Maps have the option to output sound as a Bluetooth phone call. As soon as I turned it on for Google Maps it worked. I have it turned on for Waze but I hear nothing. Has anyone gotten it to work? Would be nice to listen to some AM/FM station and still get Waze turn by turn on the truck speakers.

Just picked up a 2015 Silverado Z71 LT with only 11k miles.

Thanks!

Total dumb question where is the setting for waze and Google to output sound like a phone call? In app I can't find the setting or on the radio

On my iPhone, when I click the Magnifying glass (to search) in the lower left, I get a GEAR icon in the upper left of the search screen. Then under Sound & Voice I have an Advanced section at the bottom with a Sound Output option. That's where I selected Play as Bluetooth phone call.

Works in my Google Maps, but not in Waze.